Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone try?
10-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Anyone try?
Anyone try leaving a voice recorder running in their house while they are sleeping or in the living room? I just bought one i can connect to my computer so far I have 20 hours or so. I picked up some weird noises I can't really explain. I use sonic Visualizer but its been buggy so if anyone knows of any other software for analyzing audio thats free lemme know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: Anyone try?
(10-11-2014 02:18 PM)Searrha Wrote:  Anyone try leaving a voice recorder running in their house while they are sleeping or in the living room? I just bought one i can connect to my computer so far I have 20 hours or so. I picked up some weird noises I can't really explain. I use sonic Visualizer but its been buggy so if anyone knows of any other software for analyzing audio thats free lemme know.

Someone else might be able to help you more because I don't do these. But I think I heard Audacity useful for sound files.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
10-12-2014, 11:23 AM
I have done it too and picked up strange things..use audacity
10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
(10-12-2014 11:23 AM)SpanishItalian Wrote:  I have done it too and picked up strange things..use audacity

Heeyy thanks!
10-15-2014, 02:09 PM
I agree for a free audio software, audacity is perfect. Easy to learn. After the wife died I left one running (a SONY) every other time I set up my camcorder. Only ever got one, good, true EVP but there were a lot of noises I couldn't explain. Knocks that wasn't the AC unit, other things moving. Second best one was a sneeze. each time I lived alone and would do it while I was at work so no one in the house and no electronics on except for those stated

With audacity you can learn to read the wave forms and watch for anomalous hits so you don't have to sit there and listen to hours and hours of nothing.

Good luck.
01-02-2016, 06:36 PM
(10-11-2014 02:18 PM)Searrha Wrote:  Anyone try leaving a voice recorder running in their house while they are sleeping or in the living room? I just bought one i can connect to my computer so far I have 20 hours or so. I picked up some weird noises I can't really explain. I use sonic Visualizer but its been buggy so if anyone knows of any other software for analyzing audio thats free lemme know.

Wavepad by NCH software is free as well - http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

I am a seasoned Paranormal Investigator and a builder of Paranormal Equipment. Visit my website HERE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 09:27 PM
I have tried it and recorded some EVPs. The bottom line is if the entity wants to communicate with you, you won't need any fancy equipment. I recorded mine using a simple android recorder. Audacity is great for clearing up EVPs, but you should hear something regardless. Here is link to one of my EVPs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__197-...ef=2&pli=1
This one says "Stop. Don't let go" or "Stop. I won't let go". Apparently an entity got upset that I kept provoking it and trying to record my EVPs.

For some reason it plays in chrome, but not in forefox.
02-18-2016, 05:13 PM
I use Audaacity as well, though all I hear is my snoring :-)