Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Dracula's Dungeon' discovered in Turkey
I gotta hand it to Bram Stoker. He was a clever man.

Quote:Archaeologists believe they have discovered dungeons, tunnels and a military shelter at Tokat Castle in northern Turkey where Vlad the Impaler – who served as the inspiration for Bram Stoker's character Dracula – is believed to have been held hostage in the early 15th century.

The find was made during restoration works at the castle, which uncovered a secret tunnel leading to the nearby Pervane Baths and a military shelter. Two dungeons were discovered, where Wallachian Prince Vlad III, known as Vlad the Impaler, is believed to have been kept captive by the Ottoman Turks.

The Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News reported that the restoration works began in 2009, with the latest project having been carried out in the last ten weeks to restore the castle's defensive bastions. It was during these recent excavations that the tunnels and dungeons were found.

Full story
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde
And just in time for Halloween!
I love stories like this. Still finding discoveries in our age.
Yes the Bat Cave is finally available for viewing!!
Seems awfully fishy that this discovery comes just in time for the new Dracula movie... I don't buy it one hundred percent.
I read a few articles on this topic. It seems to be one of those things where there's just enough truth (or creative license) behind the explanation to make it believable.

I guess the "scientists" to make this claim have also made other similar and erroneous claims.

Though, I do kinda like the idea that they found his grave... just in time for the new Dracula film.
Shhhhhhhhhhh you weren't supposed to figure that out, Jadewik!
'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde