Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electrical Sensation What is it?
08-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Electrical Sensation What is it?
I'm wondering if anyone can help me get some answers. I can cause a tingling sensation throughout my entire body. It's almost like being zapped by electricity but it isn't painful (it isn't exactly pleasurable). The feeling is very intense and I can only hold it for a few seconds before it becomes overwhelming. I have always been able to do this as far as I can remember. Its like a reflex I can cause it to happen whenever. I did notice my eyes dilate during this experience. Does anybody know what may be going on or what I am doing exactly with my body? I don't want to continue if it may be harming me though it doesn't seem to cause any adverse effects. Please if anybody knows whats happening I would really appreciate any help/answers you can provide. Maybe someone else out there can also do this as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2014, 04:21 AM
RE: Electrical Sensation What is it?
Before anyone here would start giving you suggestions, may I ask if you have had anything medical ruled out? I don't know what could be causing that, but maybe a doctor would.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
08-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Well nothing outside of me focusing on it is causing it. I only meant that it was reflex in that I can do it at will without too much effort or concentration. I haven't been to a doctor yet. I'm not sure it something that warrants medical attention just because its entirely up to me whether or not to induce the sensation.
08-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Where are our energy worker folks on this one?

I know there are spiritual awakenings that could have similar effects. Kundalini awakening is one of them. Also look into chi.

Do you presently do any energy work?
08-30-2014, 06:11 PM
I have begun meditation recently and know about chi and the like b ut I am new to energy work so short answer no.
08-30-2014, 07:02 PM
It would be interesting to attach some kind of meter to your skin to read if the electrical current changes during this. But I'm no electrician, so I don't know what that piece of equipment would be.
01-15-2015, 08:24 PM
That's interesting. A friend of mine has been developing a very similar thing, although he often has trouble controlling it and ends up shocking himself on accident (which is only funny for a second because it's apparently quite painful). However, when he can do it on purpose, it's when he's working on manipulating the flow of energy through his own body. Perhaps, given that mood can effect energy within the body, this phenomenon is attached to a particular mood, or to a sudden change in mood?
01-18-2015, 01:29 PM
I have had the same expeirence. when you have this expeirence are your senses hightened and do you feel overwhelmingly stronger?
04-11-2015, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 10:58 PM by chillychief.)
I have similar feelings. try to relax, and clear your mind. Then simply think, " I love you. Welcome. If you understand me, focus your energy on me."
repeat this in your mind. slowly, and gently.

You MUST be calm and relaxed in order to feel a response.

The response for me is a "full body electrical shiver"
Let me know if you feel it , please
Icontexto-emoticons-07-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032Icontexto-emoticons-07-032x032
(08-27-2014 08:44 AM)EgoDefeating25 Wrote:  Well nothing outside of me focusing on it is causing it. I only meant that it was reflex in that I can do it at will without too much effort or concentration. I haven't been to a doctor yet. I'm not sure it something that warrants medical attention just because its entirely up to me whether or not to induce the sensation.
05-26-2015, 03:41 PM
mentally ill person Somatic response?

These are typically medical phenominon which are poorly understood in the scientific community.

I get a similar response, and they fall into the category of non-epileptic somatic seizures.

If you want to be spooky about things, the Proidgy's "Breathe" is an excellent music video which touches base with mentally ill person somatic disorders.