Poll: Do you believe in vampires?
Yes
No
There a possibility
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do you believe in vampires?
07-27-2014, 06:22 AM
Why do you believe in vampires?
So I have recently accepted the small chance of vampires being true. I know they aren't going to be what Hollywood has made them out to be. I know they probably can go out in the sunlight, and aren't immortal. I wish the Hollywood version was right, but I know it not. I just want people's opinion on why they true believe they exist and what abilities they have. Please don't give me the crap about the teenagers drinking bloods and making cults. Just lay down what you think is true.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2014, 07:12 AM
RE: Why do you believe in vampires?
Welcome to the forum Smile

Personally, I don't know if something such as vampires are real since I've never met or seen them-or I think I haven't. So I'd vote it's a possibility.
But maybe you can google 'palasik' and see what you'll come up with...
07-27-2014, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 08:47 AM by ChaosRose.)
I think there could be some sort of deficiency, either blood related or energy related regarding certain people. I don't make any claims to the title because I just don't know, but I have read up on this a bit, and let's just say that for me Michelle Belanger's Psychic Vampire Codex fits just a little too closely for comfort. The description of a particular sort of vampire she describes just mirrors my personal lifelong experiences.

I'm someone who has been sickly my whole life. What affects someone else for a few days, knocks me down for a month or better. It has always been this way since I was little, and docs don't seem to know what to do for me. All they can say is that my iron level is sometimes off. I suffered bouts of anemia as a teen, and my iron levels are typically slightly high or low whenever I get a blood panel.

I'm ultra sensitive to...well...everything, including fresh air and sunshine. I didn't even know sun allergy was a thing until a dermatologist told me that I have it. I can get sick from certain spices, even ginger. I'm very sensitive to strong odors, perfumes, dyes, smoke, mold, and the stench of garlic has actually driven me from a house. If I eat ginger or garlic even in small amounts, I will get an upset stomach and I may vomit. If the smell of it is strong enough, I may vomit.

I am a very pale person, and I'm always cold. I'm kind of like death warmed over only slightly. That being said, I look extremely young for my age. So much so that it has freaked out people when I told them how old I am. People who don't know me will card me, and potential employers have actually asked if I'm old enough to work for them. I'm not talking years ago, I'm talking a couple of weeks ago this happened.

I have a tendency to attracts spirits and entities. They have also been experienced by other people around me, and they tend to follow me. I've had experiences every place I have ever lived, and some of the places I have worked.

If it turns out that I'm some sort of vampire (for lack of a better term), then I don't think it's any great thing and that anyone should want to be one. I think of it more as an illness or deficiency. Yes, your senses are going to be heightened, but that's not necessarily a gift.
07-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Well CR, you mentioned everything but blood. Have a hankering to drink it?
07-27-2014, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 08:53 AM by ChaosRose.)
(07-27-2014 08:48 AM)Itheblaze Wrote:  Well CR, you mentioned everything but blood. Have a hankering to drink it?

I have noticed a tendency over the years for rarer meat. There are definitely periods when I crave it (and these could be periods when I am anemic, I'm not sure). I have never actually drank blood...animal or human. I would certainly worry about disease, and I would never ask that of my bf. He does seem to have an overabundance of energy, and he has offered to "feed" me in a psi vamp sort of way. I have no idea if that's possible or if I am doing it "right," but I have tried. Not very often, though. It worries me that I could possibly make him sick.
07-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Now I think I've just got myself something funny here while reading Rose's post, and it has never been happened before: while my hand was away from the mouse, the screen scrolled up and down by itself for several of times. It was like... scrolling the page up and down so I can read it conveniently... lol
07-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Oooooooooooo! SPooooooooky! Rose did it somehow. Can't trust those Vamp Vixiens.
07-27-2014, 09:04 AM
(07-27-2014 09:01 AM)Itheblaze Wrote:  Oooooooooooo! SPooooooooky! Rose did it somehow. Can't trust those Vamp Vixiens.

It's funny...people I don't know, I can't tell you how many times they have commented upon meeting me that I'm either vampire-like or faery-like. They pick up on some unknown ethereal quality that I don't realize I give off.
07-27-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 09:12 AM by MaCan.)
lol, no Blaze... I don't think it's spooky, in fact, it's kinda interesting. And I don't think it was Rose either, I think maybe something here was helping me to read conveniently while my hand was busy with something else. So don't worry about that, Rose Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032
07-27-2014, 09:09 AM
(07-27-2014 08:42 AM)ChaosRose Wrote:  I think there could be some sort of deficiency, either blood related or energy related regarding certain people. I don't make any claims to the title because I just don't know, but I have read up on this a bit, and let's just say that for me Michelle Belanger's Psychic Vampire Codex fits just a little too closely for comfort. The description of a particular sort of vampire she describes just mirrors my personal lifelong experiences.

I'm someone who has been sickly my whole life. What affects someone else for a few days, knocks me down for a month or better. It has always been this way since I was little, and docs don't seem to know what to do for me. All they can say is that my iron level is sometimes off. I suffered bouts of anemia as a teen, and my iron levels are typically slightly high or low whenever I get a blood panel.

I'm ultra sensitive to...well...everything, including fresh air and sunshine. I didn't even know sun allergy was a thing until a dermatologist told me that I have it. I can get sick from certain spices, even ginger. I'm very sensitive to strong odors, perfumes, dyes, smoke, mold, and the stench of garlic has actually driven me from a house. If I eat ginger or garlic even in small amounts, I will get an upset stomach and I may vomit. If the smell of it is strong enough, I may vomit.

I am a very pale person, and I'm always cold. I'm kind of like death warmed over only slightly. That being said, I look extremely young for my age. So much so that it has freaked out people when I told them how old I am. People who don't know me will card me, and potential employers have actually asked if I'm old enough to work for them. I'm not talking years ago, I'm talking a couple of weeks ago this happened.

I have a tendency to attracts spirits and entities. They have also been experienced by other people around me, and they tend to follow me. I've had experiences every place I have ever lived, and some of the places I have worked.

If it turns out that I'm some sort of vampire (for lack of a better term), then I don't think it's any great thing and that anyone should want to be one. I think of it more as an illness or deficiency. Yes, your senses are going to be heightened, but that's not necessarily a gift.

Don't take this wrong but Rose I don't think you're a kind of vampire. I mean I believe you are sensitive person to many things. The sun allergy isn't that uncommon. I have a very slight case of it myself (it normally doesn't bother me but I don't spend much time outside) and have always attracted spirits as well. I just think you have a bunch of odd cases thrown together.