Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Very Frightened
Hello, my name is Jessica. I am new to this forum and with pretty much all things paranormal. Besides movies I've never really had any encounters until now. Recently, about 3 weeks ago, I have started seeing a shadow figure out of the corner of my eye. It is tall, around 6 foot or so, very distinctly outlined (not a fuzzy shape) and not wearing any distinguishable clothing. Oh, and it's legs are wrong. I'm not sure how to describe the legs correctly but they're not human or any animal I recognize. They have joints that are sharp, but dont bend in the right way. It's very frightening. I see this creature at night and for the first two nights it was only out of the corner of my eye. However, the third night it was outside of a large window at my boyfriend and his mother's house staring right at me. I looked directly at it (which usually made it vanish completely) except that it didnt. It stayed there. I yelled for my boyfriend, Tyler, to come into the room and I immediately started crying. It was terrifying. He called for his mom, who is pretty familiar with ghosts and spirits and she felt something strange as soon as she walked into the room. She immediately asked the creature to leave me alone and to get out of her house because it was not welcome there. At which point, the creature vanished.
Now, I'm not sure what this thing is. I still see it almost nightly and it's terrifying me. I have nightmares every time I sleep and hear odd scratching and footsteps at night. My boyfriend has noted that he doesnt see anything, but he does hear the noises that I do. I've tried everything from pure sea salt around the window and in front of the bedroom door (as far as i've noticed I never see the creature actually INSIDE the home, mine or his) I also carry around a piece of Tigers Eye, Rose quartz, clear crystal quartz and an indian arrowhead, all that Tyler's mother has given to me to help. I'm not sure if it's helping though. I feel like this thing, whatever it is, is not human. And i'm downright terrified of it.
If any of you see this and can give advice or help in any way, I'd appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Welcome aboard we're a great a bunch of people.Please read the rules.Feel free to browse & enjoy yourself.Now do you live with your boyfriend,if so how long?Do you know the history of the home?Does his mama practice anything,or is she a religous lady?Sorry for all the questions just trying to get some more info,on your situation.Well keep the faith & keep us posted.
We dont technically live together but I do stay the night at his house most nights of the week. The home is fairly new, his grandmother was the first to live there and from there, his mother. There's no bad history to the house as far as we all know. His mom doesnt really practice anything and isnt religious, but she does stay connected to the spirits of her dead realatives, mainly her brother and sister who died tragically. At first I thought it could be one of them, as i've kinda felt their spirit before but this feels like a whole other being. It's not human, I can feel that for sure.
Thank you for your reply.
Welcome and enjoy. Smile
Use the same method as your Mum....remember you have no need to fear you're in charge, if you fear that is what will encourage it. Keep your home calm and light with candles, calming music, incense such as frankincense and Myrrh, lavender etc.
Just remain fear free and positive and demand it leaves.
keep well and keep us posted. Smile
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
If it hasn't caused any harm, I wouldn't try to kick it to the curb. I've had tons of shadow being experiences, and none have been negative. If you're just too afraid of it and you want it gone, you can use Goetia seals. Just find them online, print them out, and use them in the affected rooms. Everything should stop, immediately. You don't need any fanfare or incantations...just the seals. You can print a page or two with all the seals, if you like, just to cover all your bases. But even the presence of one seal will show that you're "in the know" about what to do. Anything you have should hit the road.

I've found that sage smudging, crystals, salt, cedar, and even blessed water don't do anything at all. The seals will cause the whole place to go silent, so if you have guardians or anything that you want to keep around, you'll have to go another route. You could try the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (I think you can find the whole thing on youtube) and see if that solves the problem, first. Then if not, you can use the seals.
I'm more scared of it because of the feeling I get when it is around and when I see it. It's more than just a simple fear of not knowing what to do. I get a genuinely bad feeling from it.
Thank you for the suggestions and I will try to do more research on what to do. The seals really arent an option because my boyfriends uncle and aunt's spirits frequent the house to visit his mother. But I do appreciate the suggestion
Well then please keep us posted.Also I find reading Psalms 91 helps out,for me it eases or rids fear,& whatever is trying to invade my home.Just my thoughts,keep the faith.
If I were you I wouldn't get rid of it.
Quite possible it's just keeping watch over you.

I've seen them reach as far as ten feet, with me staring directly at them. My mom has one always at her bedroom door, it's about 8 feet of intimidation and it seems that only my mom and I can see him.

If they do no harm, and merely just look at you. Communicate, if you're that scared of him; send him my way! Sort of kidding, but these Shadow Creatures come in all shapes and sizes; they'll stand around, sometimes move, no full definition to them unless you're really good at uncovering layers.

This one might be attracted to you, or have a liking toward you.
I know the ones around me are attracted to the energy I give off, and I've stated in my own topics it seems like they're waiting.
The one in front of my mom's room is a protector/guardian type, at it's post nearly every night.

All these people are saying blessing, throwing salt, all this stuff might help you. But in the end, nobody can define whether or not these odd creatures are malevolent or not. That is, unless you've been attacked. But I think you would've stated that. None the less, whoever said you shouldn't fear is right; fear is it's own energy. All emotions are.
(06-04-2014, 09:04 PM)jessicamercer18 Wrote: I'm more scared of it because of the feeling I get when it is around and when I see it. It's more than just a simple fear of not knowing what to do. I get a genuinely bad feeling from it.
Thank you for the suggestions and I will try to do more research on what to do. The seals really arent an option because my boyfriends uncle and aunt's spirits frequent the house to visit his mother. But I do appreciate the suggestion

Even if they're Christian, they shouldn't mind the seals. The whole idea of Goetia was from the Lesser Key of Solomon. The seals are pseudepigraphical in nature (the Keys are attributed to Solomon, but scholars know them to be far later works). They are a part of the Abrahamic paradigm. The idea was that if you were a righteous person, you not only could, but it was your right to control demons (another word for benign daimons who were Christianized and demonized).

Why does it work for shadow people? I don't think it means that they're evil. I think it works because the beings become aware that a) you don't want them around, b) you're willing to do things to drive them out, and c) other people may have used these symbols to control them in the past, with success.
Hello Jessica. Think back on the date when you first seen this spirit. When you get the date, look in your local newspaper obituaries( try a week before the date) an see if any middle aged men died in the area. Maybe a car crash in which his legs were crushed. Post back if you find anything.