Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child abuse leads to paranormal beliefs
Psychiatric Institute discovers children who grew up physically abused more apt to develop paranormal claims as adults. Results suggest that by providing a sense of control, certain paranormal beliefs may offer a powerful emotional refuge to individuals who endured the stress of physical abuse in childhood.

Now we also see people who were abused as a child claim to have a demon in their life as adults. We also see children who were bullied at home, called names, sexually abused develop neurological issues later in life. How many paranormal teams have people that experienced this as a child? Does this lead to calling normal child hood sicknesses a demon? Teething? Colic? Sadly we see this more then we should.

Lets even look deeper at some of these paranormal investigators, Unable to spell, unable to basic math, poor grammar, yet people seek them out to be told about paranormal? Another thing we are seeing is so many have arrest records for behavioral issues, sexual predators, grand theft, attacking police, multiple drug and alcohol arrests. Would you seek help from this type individual?
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
People are desperate is why. And all you can do is throw around another article. Most of us barely made it through childhood. I tell you what really helps adults is loving support groups for survivors. They need to be around other people that went through the same thing, a shoulder to cry/lean on.
Amen...........
I am all for support groups for people who have experienced abuse in any form. I also have seen the damage that can be done by getting people who fully believe that they were raised in a Satanic cult (due to the Satanic Panic of the 80's and 90's) in support groups that cater to that belief. So it can be a double edged sword.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

So people don't want articles showing where beliefs come from? People are not looking for facts or reasons? Its now turned into a social group where blind belief allows people to gather and sing kumbaya? It amazes me how people do not require the truth in anything anymore. Ok here you go for those who do not know the words.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbayah

Someone's laughing, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's praying, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Someone's sleeping, Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Are you OK? You do seem to be a little over the top in obsession about all this. Why? What happen to you to get you started like this?
Survey says!!..........
Hate to disappoint but I had fantastic parents and a loving happy childhood so I feel truly blessed but that didn't stop me having paranormal experiences from the age of approx 3!!!
Sooo no human demons in my closet...
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
(05-31-2014, 01:10 PM)pix Wrote: Hate to disappoint but I had fantastic parents and a loving happy childhood so I feel truly blessed but that didn't stop me having paranormal experiences from the age of approx 3!!!

The same for me. I once had a professor "prove," using nothing but facts and numbers, that people who wore red pajamas as kids were more likely to commit crimes as adults.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
(05-31-2014, 01:15 PM)CareTaker Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 01:10 PM)pix Wrote: Hate to disappoint but I had fantastic parents and a loving happy childhood so I feel truly blessed but that didn't stop me having paranormal experiences from the age of approx 3!!!

The same for me. I once had a professor "prove," using nothing but facts and numbers, that people who wore red pajamas as kids were more likely to commit crimes as adults.

LOL...Remind me to get rid of my red jammies!!! Smile
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paranormal Beliefs and Cognitive ProcessesUnderlying the Formation of Delusion UglyNRude 4 3,170 04-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Last Post: oldestone
  Paranormal Beliefs and Cognitive ProcessesUnderlying the Formation of Delusions UglyNRude 17 11,741 07-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ChaosRose