something bigger,
part of a big circle
that is inside another,
smaller circle, that is
actually, the biggest
circle of them all,
and that biggest circle
is inside of itself.

Note: after all, there is place for all the religions, like there is a place for imagination.
And what we imagine, is real in some dimension.
Someone's religion may be "staircase" to the truth, and someones God may be what they call the connection between us all (all the particles in the universe)
but in my opinion, no god (like christian god or allah) exists in a way, like people believe. In other words, I don't believe that there is a creator of the existence, or someone who decides about everything. I believe that we all created ourselves. Only the truth exists and it is our path to find the steps that get us to the end (which is the new start)
Thank you Eden for your interesting Unitarian viewpoint.
^ You're welcome.
Sorry but you can't sway me on such bull puckey.I strongly believe in God.I pray & thank the Lord everyday.I admit Im a sinner,but with his blessings & teachings everyday my inner strength grows strong.So that when my time comes to pass away,Im ready for my Lord,to meet & be with him.Just my thoughts keep the faith.
(04-24-2014, 10:03 AM)MrsMultiTasker Wrote: Sorry but you can't sway me on such bull puckey.I strongly believe in God.I pray & thank the Lord everyday.I admit Im a sinner,but with his blessings & teachings everyday my inner strength grows strong.So that when my time comes to pass away,Im ready for my Lord,to meet & be with him.Just my thoughts keep the faith.

I agree with this whole heartedly.
(04-24-2014, 10:03 AM)MrsMultiTasker Wrote: Sorry but you can't sway me on such bull puckey.I strongly believe in God.I pray & thank the Lord everyday.I admit Im a sinner,but with his blessings & teachings everyday my inner strength grows strong.So that when my time comes to pass away,Im ready for my Lord,to meet & be with him.Just my thoughts keep the faith.

I believe, that we live some of our lives just to help others. And I think, what people call 'gods' are advanced spirit guides or semi-gods who help us to find the information from the universe and walk the right path.

What makes me think so...

1) Well, if there was one and only god, why didn't (s)he make us perfect right away like (s)he is?
And wouldn't this be pretty unfair universe if only one being (god) was able to be so grand and powerful and the rest of us were just his puppets.

2) Something that is perfect, is not hateful, revengeful, close-minded and immature like christian god has been pictured in bible. Also, something that is perfect, is everything, anything and nothing at the same time: so if there is a god, (s)he would be a genderless being or a circle of light.

3) Most people who believe in god they don't believe that there is many options for us: They believe in heaven and hell.
Well, since we are the owners or our souls, it would be pretty sadistic from that so called god to force us to a place we perhaps don't want to go.

WE ARE the so called God. The existence is the 'God'. God is not a person or a single soul. God doesn't do decisions. God, space, matter or whatever you wanna call it, is the universe.

Disclaimer:
^That's what I think.
You don't have to agree.
I might be wrong. You might be wrong.
We don't know the truth yet.
And I don't really even care, because part of my beliefs is that we, in this world, should focus on our current lives here and celebrate the mother earth and all the nature spirits instead of trying to understand something so big, that is too big for us to understand in this life.
We are still growing. This world is one of the most immature ones.
Eden, do you believe the many accounts of children's pre-birth and Heaven accounts? Accounts of seeing Angels, God, Jesus, dead relatives, some who been long dead before the child was even born? Like the little boy who died and seen his Greatgrandpaw, who died in the war. His Mom showed him an old photo album and he picked out the man he saw, his Greatgrandpaw. I really don't believe all these children are lying.
(04-24-2014, 12:42 PM)Itheblaze Wrote: Eden, do you believe the many accounts of children's pre-birth and Heaven accounts? Accounts of seeing Angels, God, Jesus, dead relatives, some who been long dead before the child was even born? Like the little boy who died and seen his Greatgrandpaw, who died in the war. His Mom showed him an old photo album and he picked out the man he saw, his Greatgrandpaw. I really don't believe all these children are lying.

Claiming that someone has seen Jesus before birth, etc. sounds just bizarre to me because even if there was such a thing, he wouldn't look like what people claim him to look like (that is just way too much imperfection).
But if it's true, I believe that those were spirit guides embodied as something that is visually familiar to the child (by familiar I mean so called Jesus' supposed face being familiar to christian families via literature, etc).

But in most of those cases, those stories have been made up by fame-seeking parents.
I mean, is there any easier way to get some attention...

However, when it comes to seeing dead relatives, nothing about that is speaking against my ideology. It could also have something to do with the child's past lives.
How did you get to this Unitarian way of thinking? Where you raised with any kind of religion as a child? Did you once believe in God at all and something happen to make you turn?
Also, what is your view on an afterlife?
(04-24-2014, 04:35 PM)Itheblaze Wrote: How did you get to this Unitarian way of thinking? Where you raised with any kind of religion as a child? Did you once believe in God at all and something happen to make you turn?
Also, what is your view on an afterlife?

When I was a kid, my mother was a "on and off christian".
Nowadays she believes in reincarnation and christian god, so it's a mix of religions.
As a child, I remember believing in god, but later on I thought: "Why am I believing in something that seems judgemental and primitive.

I started thinking more and more and as a result of that and my inner-deep feelings I started to believe what I have been writing about.

I mainly formed my beliefs around the beauty in everything and my seeking for perfection. Plus, I just can't believe in god, because nothing about it makes sense to me, unlike Buddhism or my current self-formed beliefs.

My view on afterlife? I consider afterlife to be a reincarnation in a form of life or another: We can live many lives as humans, spirits, maybe even animals or creatures in other dimensions or space.
That all is a process, until we reach higher state and become spirit guides or other more powerful beings

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you accept that Man is greater than God? Enemy No. 1 Gnostic 30 12,796 12-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: KaelisRa