Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My experience with Ouiji Boards and advice to others
I will admit, I am not anti-ouji, I am also not pro-ouji (just to clarify). I believe that something bought at a big box store isn't inherently evil, it is how you use it that can make it bad.
When I was young someone gave my older brother a Ouji board for his birthday. Of course we couldn't wait to open it and "communicate with the dead." luckily we didn't know how to use it at all and just pushed the piece around and grew bored with the game rather quickly. When my Dad found out we had it, he threw it away. But my rebellions siblings and I dug it out of the trash. We never used it again but hid it in the closet.
I tried to use it a couple times but nothing happened. Once or twice I did get a simple response but could not determine if it was because I was pushing the viewer or not. Since I have been able to communicate with spirits without tools, I stopped playing with the board. I realized it wasn't necessary and also learned that it could be dangerous.
A friend of mine bought a Ouji board and I was with her when she used it, the only time she used it. Before she opened the box I did a grounding exercise with her. She then took out the board, we spoke our intentions and put our fingers on the viewer. She asked the questions: are you here with us- yes. How many are here with us-one. What is your name- R. A... at this point I took my hands off the viewer because previously (years before) I had communicated with a spirit named Rachel at the same house. I figured that I best let go least I be the one subconsciously moving the piece. Well, even without me it spelled out Rachel. I informed my friend of the experience I had had with Rachel years prior, something I had never told her before. She asked a few more questions and I sensed Rachel's presence. Then things started to change, Rachel went away and a new portal seemed to open. The viewer was moving from letter to letter in an unusual fashion, not spelling anything we could recognize. My friend asked how many were there now and it moved to 6. I told her to stop and to close the portal because we had not invited anything other than Rachel to this conversation. We commanded that nothing could stay on this side and did some more grounding exercises.
Now having said all that, I can already hear everyone's enraged voices saying "so how can you not be anti-ouji?" Here is how. Just as with everything, when used the wrong way or for the wrong reasons it can open a portal to something bad. A board with letters is not inherently evil. However, people acquire Ouji boards without necessary knowledge on how to use them. There is a huge risk involved in any communication, but hen there is the barrier of the board between you and what you are communicating with there is a higher challenge in controlling who/what you are communicating with. Hence, I am not pro-ouji.
If I knew then what I know now about communication (I was still naïve and a bit of a show off then) I would have taken the opportunity to teach my friend about meditation in order to communicate. However, I have to commend myself for having enough knowledge to know what was acceptable in the communication and what was not. I also have to commend my friend for not using the board alone, since she clearly did not know what she was doing as far as when to shut it down. All that being said, easy way to avoid it all would have been to not use it at all.

My advice to people interested in Ouji use is to get a teacher who can help you learn to communicate without the board. You will have better, more direct readings at a lower risk. As a child I played with the board and enjoyed pretending to be talking to the dead, just as I pretended to be a robot from Jupiter and thought my Babies were real,, however, as I grew and learned more about communication with spirits I learned that I didn't need games and that when no longer used for games, these tools can have their consequences.
Emily
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
Like you I don't need games to communicate with energies but the trouble with the Ouija is that 99.9% (my estimate only) of those who use them haven't got a clue as to what they are doing or how to protect themselves let alone close a portal. They tend to be mainly young teens wanting to dabble out of curiosity and all they will get are the bottom feeders on the lower planes, the higher energies will not come through this board.
You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
You are very right, pix. I was, almost, one of those teens. Luckily, I had had some teaching beforehand, but still, it could have ended badly for me and/or my friend.
Likewise, in any communication, you are giving an opportunity for lower energies to come in, so it is very important to practice grounding exercises and to know how to open and close portals before you start. People unknowingly welcome in bad spirits and entities when trying to communicate with spirits without Ouija boards, too, because they do not know how to recognize he differences and how to limit what you are communicating with. My advice on that is always, if you are questioning if it is good or bad or if you question if you should be communicating with it, the answer is always no you shouldn't be and you need to end the conversation. If it is good, you will know it. If it is bad, you my not.
Emily
(03-31-2014, 04:46 PM)efournier Wrote: Likewise, in any communication, you are giving an opportunity for lower energies to come in, so it is very important to practice grounding exercises and to know how to open and close portals before you start. People unknowingly welcome in bad spirits and entities when trying to communicate with spirits without Ouija boards, too, because they do not know how to recognize he differences and how to limit what you are communicating with. My advice on that is always, if you are questioning if it is good or bad or if you question if you should be communicating with it, the answer is always no you shouldn't be and you need to end the conversation. If it is good, you will know it. If it is bad, you my not.
Absolutely right even when meditating always use protection and close all portals at the end. You just "know" what type and level of energy you are communicating with..any doubt cut it, disperse it and close quickly....

You walk in the long grass and wonder why you can not see!!
I've only used it once, and it was homemade. I used it with 3 of my friends but this was way back in elementary school so at the time we were being stupid kids. This was before my mother starting explaining certain things to me.
Of course my friends were...not too trustworthy, so I don't know if it worked or they were being stupid.
After the session my friend kept the board and went home. Over the next few weeks she began having small cuts across her hands and arms. Once on her face. She claimed to hear weird sounds in her house as well.

That was the last time I touched one.

Curious though how do you properly close a portal? (I do NOT intend to try it again!!! jus curious.)
You take a match to the damn thing, and leave well enough alone.
I don't use boards, anymore for communication. Everyone opens and closes portals differently. Here is how I was taught to do it.

Close your eyes and allow your brain to relax. Imagine a light is coming over you. See it all around you, coming from inside of you and shining outward. Now go into your loving heart, the place where love and happiness comes from inside of you. Within your heart, you see 4 doors, one standing at the entrance to each of the four directions and a fifth door in the center that you came through. Go to the door facing the north (the north is the location of the elders and the spirits). Knock and allow the door to open. Notice the light coming from the other side of the door. If I sense a spirit or know who I am intending to speak to, I say "hello, (name or "presence" or "person here with me")" I repeat that three times. If I see that person come through the door, I then state my intentions. " I am Emily and I would like to speak to you if you will allow it. I intend to only speak to you and do not permit others to this conversation. There is no room for negativity or evil beings in this heart." I then start the conversation asking questions and getting answers. When the conversation is over I close the portal. If the person does not come through the door I close the portal without communicating.
I close a portal by saying the following. If I had a conversation I say "thank you for allowing me to communicate with you. I am leaving now and invite you to return through the door. If you need to call on me again, please do, but i will only accept positive energies. Thank you for this opportunity." if they are a lost Pirie, I continue with "if you see a light, you may go to it."
If I didn't receive a conversation or see what I am trying to reach I say "I am closing this door now. I have not seen you, (restate the name or presence of whomever I am trying to communicate with). If you came and I did not recognize you, I apologize and thank you for the effort. Nothing is allowed to stay on this side with me and must return to the other side of this door. I will not accept negativity or evil. Thank you." Then envision the door closing and you walking back through your door.

After a while of meditating this way you will stay in a state of being in your loving heart and your door will always be open in the center and you will more easily transition into being able to open that door to the north, or the other doors (each has their specific purposes). I can now do it so fast it is like taking a breath.
PS when starting out it is best to do it with a teacher who can intervene if you become spiritually weakened.
Emily
If you know all about closing doors, what was that evil, dark, form standing over you when you were in bed with hubbie? Plus, it flung DVD case and statue and shattered your glass candle holder. I think you missed a door. Efournier's first post here if wondering.
(04-01-2014, 09:14 AM)Itheblaze Wrote: If you know all about closing doors, what was that evil, dark, form standing over you when you were in bed with hubbie? Plus, it flung DVD case and statue and shattered your glass candle holder. I think you missed a door. Efournier's first post here if wondering.

That was my point exactly with my first post. As far as I am aware I have never not closed a door, so I don't know how anything got through.
Emily
It means, you are trying to teach others, when it clearly didn't work for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do ouiji boards work for me and not my friends? my.soulshines 2 624 03-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Last Post: makingmoreof