Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My experience with my death
03-13-2014, 03:36 AM
My experience with my death
Just want to share my experience, or lack of. When I was 13 I went in for a routine surgery, a miscalculation was made on anesthesia and I ended up dying and was gone for nine and a half minutes followed my almost 12 hours of life support. During this whole ordeal I was crouched in the corner on the ceiling watching everything happen. I saw no bright light, my life did not flash before my eyes, I was just watching I didn't feel angry, sad, happy, or fearful. I was just there. After I was released almost a week later I recounted details to my grandmother, which I should not have known because I was "dead". The next 6-7 years were filled with depression and emptiness, which I still struggle with at times. I believe it is because of my experience. Hope this was of some value you to anyone interested!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: My experience with my death
Did your NDE seem to open you up to paranormal experiences? That's often a side effect.
03-13-2014, 11:54 PM
"I was just there", that sounds like pure perception.
About the depression and emptiness, do you remember being depressive before your experience? do you feel like some part of you got lost there, like you are incomplete?
03-14-2014, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 01:02 AM by starpixie.)
(03-13-2014 07:27 PM)Gizmo Wrote:  Did your NDE seem to open you up to paranormal experiences? That's often a side effect.

If it did I didn't notice it, I didn't start experiencing anything paranormal until after I had my son. And even that it hasn't been a lot of experiences. However I took very naturally to being able to read tarot and interpret dreams, I'm not sure if that could have had anything to do with it.
(03-13-2014 11:54 PM)nawal Wrote:  "I was just there", that sounds like pure perception.
About the depression and emptiness, do you remember being depressive before your experience? do you feel like some part of you got lost there, like you are incomplete?
I felt like I didn't belong here. I was generally a happy person before the experience and after I just didn't care. I felt like there was no point to anything. It took having my son to bring me back to peace with myself. And this part may sound inflated and dumb, but I also felt almost invincible? I don't think that is really a good word, maybe never ending?
05-31-2015, 01:30 PM
You experienced your soul in its natural state. Free of a heavy body, free of hurt, pain, and the weight of the world. This is the state at which your soul is use to but you do not consciously remember....(the river of forgetfulness) your time in the physical body is much shorter than your time out of it. Your soul remembers things your brain and body do not. Being in a physical body is not your natural state of being, it is your time to suffer and learn. you will go home when your work here is done. Your soul knows this and feels dread, when I fact it should realize that you came here like a warrior, willing to suffer to raise your vibrational frequency so that you can experience love without prejudice, hurt and pain in the future. So that you can learn to love and forgive, much the same way God loves you and the scholars ahead of us, such as Jesus and others have done before our time.
07-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Wow, Catlin15, I love your answer!

Starpixie (great name, btw), did you have any connection with your physical body (some people describe a silver thread)? What was your emotional state like? Or were your emotional responses suspended, as well?

What was your experience of time? Or was that too, like your physical being, suspended?

I'm not going to say you should be grateful and joyous every moment after having experienced something so traumatic. Actually, your description of anxiety and depression makes me believe you. I do hope, however, that you make a conscious effort to feel gratitude and wonder and not lose yourself to the blankness.

You were basically a ghost (especially if minus the silver thread), and then you were human again. The experience of dying, even if one goes to heaven, may create a profound sense of despair, emptiness, and isolation, once returned to life, but people rarely talk about it.

http://www.howtodealwithahaunting.com
07-25-2015, 04:01 AM
Sounds to me like you'll become a ghost when you die, Starpixie. No light no tunnel? COuld be the way you died.
08-01-2015, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 02:49 PM by starpixie.)
(07-25-2015 12:00 AM)Zula Girl Wrote:  Wow, Catlin15, I love your answer!

Starpixie (great name, btw), did you have any connection with your physical body (some people describe a silver thread)? What was your emotional state like? Or were your emotional responses suspended, as well?

What was your experience of time? Or was that too, like your physical being, suspended?

I'm not going to say you should be grateful and joyous every moment after having experienced something so traumatic. Actually, your description of anxiety and depression makes me believe you. I do hope, however, that you make a conscious effort to feel gratitude and wonder and not lose yourself to the blankness.

You were basically a ghost (especially if minus the silver thread), and then you were human again. The experience of dying, even if one goes to heaven, may create a profound sense of despair, emptiness, and isolation, once returned to life, but people rarely talk about it.

It felt like watching a video on fast forward if that makes sense, not sure how to really explain it better than that. As far as getting lost in the blankness, it has taken years and years but I have finally found contentment and peace in my life.

(07-25-2015 04:01 AM)albie Wrote:  Sounds to me like you'll become a ghost when you die, Starpixie. No light no tunnel? COuld be the way you died.

No light, no tunnel, at least for me. I couldn't imagine anything worse than being a ghost...that's a scary thought I had never thought before.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Interesting near death experience of a Romanian man Alan McDougall 0 1,205 06-02-2017 05:36 PM
Last Post: Alan McDougall
Shy Sometimes I experience another me's death red_wasabi89 7 3,913 10-13-2015 01:13 PM
Last Post: red_wasabi89
  A Shared Near Death Experience mamakoolaid 3 13,709 03-16-2009 07:59 AM
Last Post: mamakoolaid