• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Massachusetts
06-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Massachusetts
Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done
she gave her father forty-one.

So goes the gruesome children's rhyme that came about after the deaths of Andrew and Abby Borden at the hands of their daughter Lizzie. But did she really do it? The owners of the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast invite you to stay with them and find out.

Located in Falls River, Massachusetts, this small bed and breakfast is where one of the most famous incidents in American history happened. Many have tried to stay overnight; some simply pack up and leave.

Will you be one of those who truly deserves an "I Survived The Night At The Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast" t-shirt?

Let us know if you do. Big Grin

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2009, 11:13 AM
RE: Massachusetts
I live in Mass and have seen the house yet have never actually been in it.
06-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, perhaps it's time you went!! Big Grin

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
(06-25-2009 01:52 PM)Andraste Wrote:  Well, perhaps it's time you went!! Big Grin

Yeah, i probably should. They give tours.

I find it funny that the biggest reason why she was acquitted is because she was a woman. That was her lawyers most important piece of evidence.
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
I have always been very interested in that story. Of course, as a young kid singing this song while jumping rope, I never even thought about how horrible the rhyme was or realized that it was about a real event. So, later on in school when we talked about this I was quite surprised.

I would be one of those that would just have to stay in that bed and breakfast inn if I ever got the chance.

Paranormal Q&A
11-30-2009, 05:15 AM
I wanna go there...but not like actually sleep in the rooms where they
were murdered...creepy~!
It's not that I'm scared of ghosts, its just the thought that there
was mass amounts of blood all over the place at one time,
& a dead body in that room makes my skin crawl...

"To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind.
The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner."
01-15-2010, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010 03:57 PM by geogirlforever.)
When i go to Mass this location is on the list of places to visit.

"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel...

Taz
01-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Tours are only 12.50 per adult not bad..... ohhhh i so wanna go, and u are allowed to take pictures.

"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher

Taz
01-15-2010, 09:06 PM
(01-15-2010 05:19 PM)geogirlforever Wrote:  Tours are only 12.50 per adult not bad..... ohhhh i so wanna go, and u are allowed to take pictures.

I would rather take the tour because staying the night there is expensive.

Butterfly Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments in life that take your breath away.
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks, it's crazy prices.... I'm hoping my passport gets done by March, my brother and i are planning on going hope he can get time off work, if not trip will get put on hold.

Taz