Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you call people who have visions??
06-10-2009, 07:53 AM
What do you call people who have visions??
I read on UglyNRude's topic:
How to become a psychic?
It does not say anything about people who actually have visions, I even used the find option to search for the word vision. So I am asking what people who actually have premonitions and see future or past events that were previously unknown to them are called? I am posting this on the basis that U&R's definition of psychic and whatever this is called have different names. I am not looking for ESP either because that is not a good way to describe it in my mind.

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2009, 08:44 AM
RE: What do you call people who have visions??
What UglyNRude described is how to be a charlatan, not a psychic. Those who have visions of whatever are psychics.

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2009, 09:06 AM
I wouldnt consider myself to be a psychic but I have actually had a vision two different times during my life. I cant explain why or how they happened but they did.

One of them, I believe, was related to a past life.

~ Questioning the answers is much more important than answering the questions ~

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey ~^*White face*^~ Did Giants Once Walk the Earth?
06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I would love to hear the experience where you saw something from a past life, when you have the time to post it. I am a little skeptical of reincarnation, but I would love to hear about an experience from someone I trust.

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
06-10-2009, 10:23 AM
(06-10-2009 10:13 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote:  I would love to hear the experience where you saw something from a past life, when you have the time to post it. I am a little skeptical of reincarnation, but I would love to hear about an experience from someone I trust.

I am really skeptical about reincarnation too. I am leaning toward the belief because of so many things I have read and heard from others, but Im not sure about it. The experience/vision I had happened when I was about 8 or 9 years old. That was before I had ever even herd of reincarnation. I didnt even make the "connection" until I was in my 20s.

By the way I was always taught that reincarnation was a false "doctrine".

Anyway, I will write about the experience really soon

06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I've had plent of visions of my past lives. I don't think that's the same as what psychics are capable of...

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
(06-10-2009 10:53 AM)Andraste Wrote:  I've had plent of visions of my past lives. I don't think that's the same as what psychics are capable of...

Wow, you have had plenty of past life visions? I would like to hear about them (perhaps start a new thread) as that sounds interesting. I have only had one possible vision from a past life the other vision was about a situation and not a future event.

06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
In order to know for certain if we are experiencing a vision or a hallucination, we first must be sure we're not having an illusion or a fantasy. Illusions are not hallucinations. An illusion is a distortion (almost always visual) of something that is already there. For example, at dusk, we may see a rope lying on the road and think that it's a snake. We're not hallucinating. It's an illusion. A mirage of a lake in the desert is an illusion. Our brain and mind are misinterpreting sensory information, because we're not being provided all the information we need to make an accurate assessment. A temporary chemical imbalance can cause us to experience any of these.

Some people who want to see visions take mind altering drugs or push their body past normal conditions to try and bring a vision on. There are lots of methods people do this.

Now I will point out I am only offering other thoughts on this.

When investigating paranormal don't rely on assumptions, base your decisions on facts.
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Which is why we think you're cool, UNR. I'm wondering if when a person believes they are having a vision of a past life, are they actually seeing an impression of another time? I know UNR is skeptical of this as well, but I do believe events and people leave an imprint. Again, just a thought.

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
They're called 'visionaries' or 'see'ers' aren't they? May have got that wrong.

[Image: cartoon.gif]

Greyfriars Bobby's Ghost

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...