Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Worst Paranormal List
UNR, if he's still around, will like this one-- a website where you can "grade" paranormal investigators and see what others think of them. It's like the "Angie's List" for the paranormal world:
http://www.worstparanormal.com/the-list.html
Yes well aware of the page. Also the facebook page. The sad part is it would be so much easier to list the good teams, they would be the short list.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
I find it interesting that whoever is maintaining that page does not identify themselves which would lead me to believe their hit list up there while possibly perfectly sound smacks of sour grapes as well. I don't personally care for anonymously run sites like that.

Peace,

David

PS I'm not affiliated with the page nor any of the groups on it, but I know if I was running such a site I would have no problems telling anyone that I'm the one to answer to.
Peace,

David

"There are more things in Heaven and earth Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

The owner has said many times who it is. He has also changed the way teams make the list as its now done with peer review. Teams are also encouraged to submit themselves for review. Wouldn't you want to know how you stand amongst your peers? If your doing things wrong wouldn't you be interested in the truth? Just look at all the lack of education presented as paranormal, long exposures, orbs, mists, and our old friend pareidolia.

Now I have been trying to educate people for years, here is an example of what happens. A teams posts anything from poor photography to flat out fake cell phone ghosts, if you or others explain how they are presenting a cell phone ghost cam app as evidence your information isn't welcomed. Your comment usually removed and your blocked. Then others will let them know the picture is fake and also showing proof. They are attacked themselves and called haters, bullies, and jealous. So is expecting people to be held accountable for fake and known evidence wrong? No it more people did this we wouldn't have a large percentage of uneducated people telling people a teething child has a demon. See a problem?
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
I am also very aware of the page and the owner is not anonymous. I enjoy participating on the Facebook page in the community review. Do people like what I have to say? No, they usually don't. Words like 'scientific method' are thrown about in the paranormal community like buzzwords with many teams not even knowing what the scientific method is. People are being told they are haunted because of long exposure pictures or dust orbs turning into Aunt Millie. And this page makes people accountable for that.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Okay, I was just asking simply because the page itself when I looked at it did not seem to indicate who it belonged to. It contains references to two challenges but neither of them seemed to indicate they owned the page. With all due respect, I'm new here and just because you know doesn't mean the page makes it obvious everyone else knows...I was just making an observation, not trying to step on anyone's toes. I have no problems with the idea.
Peace,

David

"There are more things in Heaven and earth Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

I see you enjoy the ovilus, perhaps seeing your scientific you may enjoy this article.

http://www.paranormalpeopleonline.com/th...snake-oil/
Here is a great article covering all the equipment that tricks investigators a
http://wideawakeparanormal.com/main/inde...the-ovilus-
I've never heard of it. Interesting. I only investigate my families homes and my evidence is all real. However, I am new to the paranormal community. You guys can edit evps way better than I can! What do they rate based on? Just peer views?
It started out more to call out the teams that were either using fake ghost apps, poor photography, sloppy EVP's, and the like as evidence of paranormal. It has since become a place for teams to simply be reviewed, both positive and negative. I"m not going to lie..the majority of teams that have been put up there have been found seriously lacking.

It is when it is presented as proof, or even worse, presented as 'helping' people with spirits or hauntings with some even claiming to be able to banish demons and such..that is when the review tends to get...heated. The most common argument presented is "where is YOUR evidence if you are going to attack ours?" That is crap. The entire community (and this includes Uncle Fred who thinks the whole thing is bunk) should be able to give their opinion on what they see being presented by these teams. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or even a fellow paranormal researcher to see the problems that are in the community.

If you are new to it..I would recommend learning everything that ISN'T paranormal before ever assuming what is.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading list for paranormal investigation and research UglyNRude 0 865 04-24-2018, 03:52 AM
Last Post: UglyNRude