Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghostbox
I wasn't sure where to post this in but I decided to post it here. The ghost box is one of the lesser known ways to communicate with ghosts, spirits, etc... Basically it's a radio re-programmed to scan through channels continuously. Doing this gives the spirits syllables and "bits and pieces" of radio show hosts and songs, the spirit can then manipulate those syllables by raising them in pitch and even speeding them up giving the spirit the ability to talk to you. From what I've seen on youtube it can be quite difficult for a spirit to use. I know this because one time while a person was using it a spirit said "I find this quite hard". Obviously their speaking isn't always that clear but most of the time it's clear enough to hear. I find it very interesting. One "youtuber" who goes by the name MadHobbit uses a ghost box all the time. He met his spirit guide using it in fact, his name is "Prowling" and he is a Native American. You should really check out his youtube channel he has some very interesting paranormal stuff such as ghost box sessions, ouija board sessions, and EVP recordings.
Go check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/madhobbit
Looks really cool. Here is one of the videos for those who might be interested:

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
ha ha that's Martin. I love martin (in a friendly way because I'm a boy Tongue )
He is so funny he hates using the ouija board and one time he was speaking through the ouija and he kept moving the planchette (or whatever) to the ghost box xD. He's funny because he's 15 and he's always rebellious.
The ghost box and the franksbox are being written off as ways to communicate with the other side. More and more of the teams that try it have gotten away from it. It was designed as a way to maybe communicate with aliens then moved over to talk to ghosts. Most are used wrong as they are supposed to be used along with a white noise generator. People are doing the same thing with this they do with photographs, they are telling you what they want you to hear the same way photographers will tell you what is in your picture. There are so many variables that make it garbage, like radio channels are always different in different areas.
There are a few people that have decided to extend the con even farther and charge you $90.00 to $500.00 to talk to the dead using this system. They of course interpret what its saying and use the same scam so many psychics use cold reading.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
here are a couple of videos that I recommend:

enjoy Big Grin
I edited your post to include the videos

Instructions on how to embed a youtube video - http://www.talkparanormal.com/thread-746.html

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
it's so funny what happens in the first video Jamie asks the last time he had been in heaven and Martin says "4 days ago" Jamie says "Martin, isn't heaven better than this house?" and Martin moves the Planchette to NO Tongue
Just to make sure isn't frank box called "Edison's Telephone to the Dead"?
[Image: 2i1zgj6.jpg]

there was a rumor that Edison was the original creator but historians say that Edison didn't believe there was an afterlife so it is unlikely he was the creator.
(06-04-2009, 02:20 PM)Friend001 Wrote: there was a rumor that Edison was the original creator but historians say that Edison didn't believe there was an afterlife so it is unlikely he was the creator.

Edison did indeed theorize a machine that would allow communications with the dead, but in everything I've read about it, it doesn't seem at all like a Franks Box.