Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Astral Travel Experiment - Try It Out
06-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Astral Travel Experiment - Try It Out
I wondered if any of you who haven't already experienced Astral Travel would like to try it out and then post what happened to you afterwards?

If you don't know how to astral travel, try it this way, which i did and had a successful, but short (got a bit freaked, so cut it short) experience:

You need to have a peacefull environment when the kids are sound asleep and so is the dog.

Lay on your bed, preferably on your own. Close your eyes and start imagining your body is becoming gradually heavier and heavier. Imagine it being like a mound of heavy clay. Before long you will feel the sensation of being so heavy you could sink into the bed. Once you get this feeling, you are able to astral travel (you'll realise why i said that if you experience this). Now imagine feathers floating upwards from your heavy body.

Keep the thought of feathers floating upwards. Say it to yourself in your mind over and over. Don't be alarmed when all of a sudden you can see even though you haven't opened your eyes in your body, which will now be laying on the bed with you out of it.

Try not to get freaked out as i did when i astral travelled. I was floating right up to the ceiling and suddenly became scared that i was going to enter the darkness of the loft. I ended up back in my body because of that thought. The strange thing was i couldn't move once i was back in my body for a few seconds, like the astral me had not quite got back in properly yet.

Anyway, as you realise that you are floating up, try to think of a place you would like to be and you will suddenly be there, like sitting on a beach in the Bahamas, or in the president's office. You can literally go wherever you like.

Whoever is up for this, then we could all try and do it at the same time, but i realise that may not be posssible.

I particularly would like UglyNRude to try this out Devil Smiley

Does anyone have any reasons they think astral travel is wrong?

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2009, 08:38 AM
RE: Astral Travel Experiment - Try It Out
I would love to try it out but I am also worried of what trouble I would get into.

But I agree UNR should give it a try.. Big Grin
06-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Trouble as in meeting demons and spirits? Or trouble from your hubby wondering why you are laid on the bed like a piece of heavy clay? Devil Smiley

Yeah, what a thing to look forward to if UNR achieved it! He'd be like, ok, ok, so i was wrong guys Tongue Grin

(06-02-2009 08:38 AM)Shastar Wrote:  I would love to try it out but I am also worried of what trouble I would get into.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
06-02-2009, 08:55 AM
I never tried it, but I've seen someone do it. When I was a teenager I was staying in a runaway shelter in Woodstock, New York. I was laying in bed one night waiting to get tired enough to go to sleep when I saw my roommate walk over to our bedroom door and leave. That didn't bother me until I looked over at her bed............and she was still laying thereOh My! I told her about it the next morning, and she told me she had been practicing astral projection for the previous two years. I was fascinated by the subject, but way too afraid to mess around with it.

What do you say,UNR? Honestly, I would like to hear your theory on the subject.Classic Smile

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2009 09:01 AM by UglyNRude.)
The key word I see in your experiment is imagine. Hell I could do payotee or acid and imagine lots of things. I can also bombard my front temporal lobe with a magnetic field and see god, aliens, demons, ghosts, what ever I imagine.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM
I think this would best be done with a partner who you really trusted. You know, someone to watch over you to be sure you are safe. They wouldnt need to be on the bed, just somewhere close.

~ Questioning the answers is much more important than answering the questions ~

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey ~^*White face*^~ Did Giants Once Walk the Earth?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Yup that is what I would be worried about.. meeting spirits.

(06-02-2009 08:42 AM)eyepriestess Wrote:  Trouble as in meeting demons and spirits? Or trouble from your hubby wondering why you are laid on the bed like a piece of heavy clay? Devil Smiley

Yeah, what a thing to look forward to if UNR achieved it! He'd be like, ok, ok, so i was wrong guys Tongue Grin

(06-02-2009 08:38 AM)Shastar Wrote:  I would love to try it out but I am also worried of what trouble I would get into.

06-02-2009, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2009 09:08 AM by eyepriestess.)
It is more like meditating to get yourself in the state to be able to achieve astral travel.

This really does work. When i came out of my body i hadn't even opened my eyes and i could see the room and the light bulb which i was focusing on. The room was a purply colour too, but before i did this the room was an orangey glow from the streetlight...weird.

Anyway, just try it out, it's not difficult if you have no distractions around you.

(06-02-2009 09:01 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  The key word I see in your experiment is imagine. Hell I could do payotee or acid and imagine lots of things. I can also bombard my front temporal lobe with a magnetic field and see god, aliens, demons, ghosts, what ever I imagine.

When i did it i tried it with my partner laid on the bed, but he ended up distracting me too much. So, he went downstairs and by this time i was not scared to do it on my own anymore.

Have you ever done this CT?

(06-02-2009 09:01 AM)CareTaker Wrote:  I think this would best be done with a partner who you really trusted. You know, someone to watch over you to be sure you are safe. They wouldnt need to be on the bed, just somewhere close.

06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
First off I do not believe it is possible to actually leave your body. I believe all this occurs inside your own mind. But yes, I did experience this. I raised up from the bed and looked at my body still laying there. I got up and flew around and then went out my window and flew over the town. Even while I was in the middle of this experience I knew that I was not actually out of my body. Our minds and the world of dreams are awesome things and I believe there is MUCH more within our minds than most people imagine. The "world" within our heads is huge and who knows how it may be connected to other realms and the like.

When I suggested that you have a partner I didnt mean for them to be right there in the bed with you. All I meant was that it is best for you not to be completely alone justy in case something happened.

~ Questioning the answers is much more important than answering the questions ~

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey ~^*White face*^~ Did Giants Once Walk the Earth?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2009, 09:15 AM
It really sounds interesting. I know my former roommate was very comfortable talking about it, and at the time she was only 16. I guess I've been afraid that something would go wrong and I would get stuck in the astral plane. I agree with CareTaker in that it shouldn't be done alone. My friends here at home think I'm batty anyway, and if I asked any of them to babysit me while I astrally project myself, they would have me fitted for my jacket with the eight foot wraparound sleeves. By the way EyePriestess, I read the Stocksbridge Haunting and I posted a comment on the page. I would love to hear from you. As I said in that post, my grandparents were from Gilford, England and I have so much respect for the UK and the fascinating history with paranormal activity. Would love to go there someday, as I have cousins I've never met that still live in England. Thank you for your interesting posts.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Out of Body Experience? Astral Travel? UglyNRude 21 3,708 03-15-2017 03:00 PM
Last Post: westonreg
  How do emotions and attachemnts effect one's astral travel? Taoist 2 1,886 08-25-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: vixen
Exclamation Potential Astral travel, meditation, looking for answers for what happened to me?? Abhorseb 8 3,368 03-05-2016 01:55 PM
Last Post: Wiccan_Goddess
  Astral Travel Herb Theory Angel 12 16,638 12-12-2011 11:30 PM
Last Post: snapdragon928
  Astral Travel the Malay Way ariapersanta 0 3,789 09-19-2011 02:21 AM
Last Post: ariapersanta