Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Relativity Wrong?
I see in all of these space and physics documentaries on TV that Einstein-this Einstein-that.

But then I saw that there are lots of YouTube videos claiming to disprove special relativity and/or general relativity.

Videos such as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y09KQxcSjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PolFadm-lgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em6ukitZ9wE

Is there any truth to these claims? If it somehow is true, then how can it be claimed to be false so much in so many different ways by so many different people?
I always thought relativity seemed ridiculous, like something a bad writer made up to cover a plot hole.

I don’t think relativity makes sense.

I might be wrong, but can I really be wrong about this?
Has anyone tried to move something faster than light?

Has anyone tried to go faster than light?

Or have they only used light itself.

I mean, water waves from the same source seem to go at the same speed regardless of source, but a jet plane can go faster than water waves and it doesn't do some voodoo thing.
if light were to get sucked in by a black hole, then wouldn't it go faster than light?
Why not? Would it gain mass and not be light? But it's non-massy light right? Or not? Paradox?

Why not? Would it gain mass and not be light? But it's non-massy light right? Or not? Paradox?

And there's another reason to believe relativity is wrong. It's the only "science" to have paradoxes, and in such quantities.
If E=MC squared then light would have to have mass, but then it couldn't do the things that light is said to be able to do, because that is dependent on light not having mass.
Isn't momentum mass times velocity?
Einstein's theories have been used to predict the orbit of Mercury and the existence of Pluto. It seems to be good for orbital mechanics and such but other parts of it break down and it doesn't work well with quantum mechanics.

(06-28-2013, 08:54 PM)Windevoid Wrote: If E=MC squared then light would have to have mass, but then it couldn't do the things that light is said to be able to do, because that is dependent on light not having mass.

You are correct. Light has a 'mass-equivalence'. Light supposedly has no rest mass.
Einstein's theory of relativity is neither right nor wrong. That is why it is called a theory. Its popularity can only be a result of the time it was thought of. There are many things you can take from it, but it is not absolute, and that is why it remains theory.
Has anyone tried to move something faster than light?

well, has anyone considered the speed of dark? Tell me not, does the shade not manifest at an exceedingly alarming rate as soon as light is gone?

just speculating.
If all terms of the equation E=mc2 are in an equation, then, that means all terms are the same unit.

Hence, all terms should be energy and have mass.

So light (as energy) would also have mass.

(Unless light is not an energy.)

Thus light could not be massless.
I don't think time dilation makes sense. Time dilation would say that when you go faster toward the speed of light you go slower, and that is a direct contradiction.
Maybe it doesn't speed up?
(07-06-2013, 10:54 AM)Windevoid Wrote: If all terms of the equation E=mc2 are in an equation, then, that means all terms are the same unit.

Hence, all terms should be energy and have mass.

So light (as energy) would also have mass.

(Unless light is not an energy.)

Thus light could not be massless.

Unless I misunderstand the context of "all terms should be energy and have mass", I not sure your statement is correct?? I may just be mis-interpreting you.

E = m x c x c
E = mass-unit x speed-unit x speed-unit
E = kg x m/s x m/s -> kg m^2 / s^2 -> Joules of energy

c is the speed of light (a mass-less entity)
m is the thing that DOES have a mass
E is equivalent energy for the thing that DOES have mass.

Aka. 'Ka-boom', small mass in atomic explosion converted to HUGE
amount of energy.

Mass is a concentration of energy.

Thought is energy
Thought can manifest as energy and if correctly directed and 'sounded'
into a pattern -> into (even if ever so small) amount of matter for
large amounts of thought energy.

Isn't that ever so peculiar!

Einstein also discovered... Thought incarnation!

Or, 'spoon bending' anyone.
Think about it...
All the same stuff...

I'll let you ponder on this:

Thought Sound Manifest (TSM)
Energy Form Matter (EFM)

Yes my mind wonders multi-discipline-non-linearily...

Cheers,
Ron

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Relativity united Quantum Mechanics Garry Denke 7 1,106 10-19-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Garry Denke