Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Questions about crystals....
I've been browsing casually through this sub-forum about stones and crystals, and it's been quite interesting. It's a subject I've always thought I'd venture into, at some point.

I just have a couple of questions - they may seem silly to those "in-the-know" but I'd appreciate your time.

1. When you say a crystal/stone is "good for this [reason]" or "good for that [reason]" do you mean you hold that particular crystal at certain times in the day or do you have to carry it on you at all times to feel the effects?

2. For those who have a large amount of crystals, how do you use them? Do you use one each day? Or simply use one for a particular reason and then perhaps not even use it again for months?

I guess really, I am trying to get to understanding HOW you use your stones, and how you store them, or keep them on you etc. Might seem like silly questions, but I am curious. Especially for people who may have, say, 20 crystals, how do you know which to use? Do you have days or months without using them and then select one when a specific problem arises? Or are you never without at least one stone on your body?

Thanks for your time Smile

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Fiona for this post:
  • driftwoodms14
I really don't know a lot about them, but I do know that much of it is in relation to the belief that these crystals store energy. I have also heard that there are cleansings that need to be done on the crystals. What seems to be a common thread with people that use them is that you are often drawn to the one that you are supposed to have or use.

Sorry I couldn't help much, but I thought maybe I could at least bump the thread up for someone who could answer your question more fully!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Thanks, Scarygirl. I'm really interested to learn more, but before I purchase any books or any crystals, I just want to learn all I can.
You'll know which stone is for you because you will get drawn to it and get a vibe from it when you pick it up. I like to carry maybe two or three stones each day a different stone each day, depending on which stone I feel I need. Usualy Crystals are cleansed in a bowl of water and left under the full moon this will clean the stones of any bad vibes and will fully charge it for when you use it next. I am one of those people who has like 20 crystals XD but I only use them when I need them. Haven't used them in a while Sad but I always carry a small citrine crystal in my purse everyday, It draws opitism and money apparently. I hope this helps a little bit Big Grin
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you've imagined" ~ Helen Keller
Thank you Midnight!

So you wouldn't neccessarily have to carry a stone each day, you could just select one for as and when you need it? That makes sense.

Is there a stone for general good luck/positive energy? The type you'd carry on you at all times?
Well, today I purchased an Amathyst, and a Jaspar.

I have read they can be cleansed by leaving them in a bowl of salt water, so I will give it a go today!
No problem Smile
I think clear quarts is a good one for luck and positivity
If you pick a different crystal each day then pick the one that has the best vibe for that day Smile
By the way never put rose quarts and amathyst together, they clash because of the strong energy from both of them Big Grin
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you've imagined" ~ Helen Keller
Thanks again - Midnight. How long does a crystal need to be cleansed for, in fresh, salted water?
What I do is I leave it in a save place in the water overnight where the light of the full moon can get to to Smile You will feel the difference the next morning but if you don't want to do that then I think maybe a hour or two under the sun light. Sun can recharge the crystals aswell but the full moon is better Smile
(09-24-2011, 10:45 AM)Fiona Wrote: I've been browsing casually through this sub-forum about stones and crystals, and it's been quite interesting. It's a subject I've always thought I'd venture into, at some point.

I just have a couple of questions - they may seem silly to those "in-the-know" but I'd appreciate your time.

1. When you say a crystal/stone is "good for this [reason]" or "good for that [reason]" do you mean you hold that particular crystal at certain times in the day or do you have to carry it on you at all times to feel the effects?

2. For those who have a large amount of crystals, how do you use them? Do you use one each day? Or simply use one for a particular reason and then perhaps not even use it again for months?

I guess really, I am trying to get to understanding HOW you use your stones, and how you store them, or keep them on you etc. Might seem like silly questions, but I am curious. Especially for people who may have, say, 20 crystals, how do you know which to use? Do you have days or months without using them and then select one when a specific problem arises? Or are you never without at least one stone on your body?

Thanks for your time Smile

It depends on how you are feeling too, but I like to carry crystals in small beaded pouch like a necklace. I got some nice ones from a friend, so those are still special to me even though he stopped talking to me. I like burning sage around them, dowsing them in salt water or placing them in earthy nature spots and just letting them soak up the atmosphere. All energy and matter has an imprint. You could think of matter as an imprint too, but by putting different elemental signatures to an object it strengthens the imprint.