Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Runes
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Runes
So I made my own runes yesterday, and I made a rune bag and got a felt square for the cloth. I did a lot of research of them, and I kept seeing the reverse, blank rune, facedown, and sideway runes.
What do you think?
I use reverses. For sideways, if the sign is sideways down I turn it to reverse, and if it's sideways up, I use upright.
Facedowns I usually flip it right to left, as of how you usually read runes, and decide from there.
I also use a blank rune. I understand that in tradition there wasn't a blank rune, but for me it feels right to include one.
One thing I see though, is for the facedown runes, I hear people say that they don't flip them, as they are kind of hidden meanings.
At this moment I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. So I'm still trying to build my structure on how exactly will I read my runes. Whether I use a blank one or not, or if I flip my facedown ones, or if I use my rule for sideways runes, or if I should just move it clockwise till it is reversed or not.
As you can see, I still need to build my structure. I'll just have to see what works best for me.
So what do you guys think about reverses, blank rune, facedowns, and sideways?

Everything happens for a reason...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2011, 08:46 AM
RE: Runes
I just wanted to bump this up for you PK..I really don't know anything about it other than I do know a few people who have them. I'm sending a PM to a couple of members that might be able to advise you on it.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
06-28-2011, 09:39 AM
I honestly don't use them. They have just never called to me that much to be honest. But surely someone around here knows a thing or two about them!

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
(William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894)
07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
You mentioned "facedowns", PK...I wonder if that is similar to the meanings for Tarot cards if they show up in reverse. My friend who is really drawn to the Tarot has told me that when the card is in reverse, it has an opposite or altered meaning than when it is in the correct position.

I'll do some looking around online this weekend and see if there is anything I can find about them.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

07-08-2011, 04:30 AM
This shows meanings and reversed meanings of rune stones.
http://www.paranormality.com/runes.shtml

Tarot upside down has multiple meanings based on the surrounding cards. Some people say don't use them, others say it reverses the meaning and yet others say it weakens the meanings of the cards around it.

A card that jumps from the deck many say is a sign of the reading and that is the card they concentrate on.

Of course if you ask me its a poor job of shuffling.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
(07-08-2011 04:30 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Of course if you ask me its a poor job of shuffling.

Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032 I like your theory.

I have heard that there are many different thoughts on the Tarot and how it should be done, and it would stand to reason that it is the same with Rune stones. In my opinion, it is something that is personal to the one using them. I also believe that there should never be monetary compensation for reading cards or Runes for someone because when push comes to shove..we really create our own destinies with the choices we make, not the way a card flips or a stone lands.

02-15-2017, 12:48 PM
I recommend Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic

Skål!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yer doin Runes wrong Punky 1 1,741 08-12-2015 01:16 PM