Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Tarot Cards
06-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Tarot Cards
Okay, so my grandma has tarot cards that she never used that my aunt gave to her. My aunt never used them either. So this pack has been from home to home. I was wondering. I want this deck to settle with me. Since there have been a lot of people using it. How should I cleanse it? And when I do, will it be okay to infuse my energy into it?

Everything happens for a reason...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2011, 05:06 AM
RE: Tarot Cards
I've heard the same thing said before, Ugly. Do you know why you're not supposed to buy your own?
06-26-2011, 06:32 AM
I have heard many different things but upon searching it says don't buy your first deck, many after that say its ok after that others say never buy your own. Some say it stems from the gypsy's where a deck should be passed down. So ... do I know? No.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
06-26-2011, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2011 10:04 AM by ParanormalKid.)
Well... The one my grandma go could be a gift. But it wasn't passed down by family. Blah, so I don't know.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking at different threads on different forums. People say it's just something other people believe in. A lot of them said they bought their first deck themselves and got accurate results. So they say no.

I just didn't want to use a deck that was used by someone I didn't know. And she gave it to my grandma, who never used it, and last night my grandma showed me them. Sooooooooo, yeah.

Everything happens for a reason...
06-26-2011, 09:51 PM
My sister bought me my first deck as a Christmas gift one year, I used that deck for a little over a year and then I picked out my second deck myself. I like both my decks a lot but I feel more connected to the deck I picked out myself.

I have heard people say you shouldn't buy your own because it's bad luck or something but I have also people say that's nonsense and they recommend buying your own. I don't see the harm in trying out our grandmas deck if you like it stick with it, if not look for another one.

I think it's important to mention that the decks themselves are not these all powerful cards. Yes, there is a connection between readers and their cards and that's why most readers don't like other people handling their cards excessively. However the cards are a tool to tap into something that has always existed and always will. Don't get to caught up with everyone's opinion's in all of these forums, what matters is what feels right for you. Just let everything flow Smile.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2013, 02:30 AM
(06-25-2011 10:11 PM)ParanormalKid Wrote:  Okay, so my grandma has tarot cards that she never used that my aunt gave to her. My aunt never used them either. So this pack has been from home to home. I was wondering. I want this deck to settle with me. Since there have been a lot of people using it. How should I cleanse it? And when I do, will it be okay to infuse my energy into it?

Clense them with a smudge stick (sage) you can get it at the supermarket drying it will take about a day or 2 if you put it in a dark dry place as for infusing your energy with it, it could take awhile so play with them sleep with them if you practice wicca or any other occult stuffs and you have your familiar with you let them near them i let mine near mine and it did wonders
12-24-2013, 03:31 PM
I have only one deck that I ever worked. I collect tarot cards. I love the artwork. I must have 25 decks.
12-29-2013, 12:14 AM
(06-26-2011 06:32 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  I have heard many different things but upon searching it says don't buy your first deck, many after that say its ok after that others say never buy your own. Some say it stems from the gypsy's where a deck should be passed down. So ... do I know? No.

I bought my first Tarot deck... is this a bad sign? As of right now I own five decks so far. Now I'm getting paranoid.... Frown

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld
01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
(06-25-2011 10:11 PM)ParanormalKid Wrote:  Okay, so my grandma has tarot cards that she never used that my aunt gave to her. My aunt never used them either. So this pack has been from home to home. I was wondering. I want this deck to settle with me. Since there have been a lot of people using it. How should I cleanse it? And when I do, will it be okay to infuse my energy into it?
It depends upon how superstitious you are.If you are superstitious and you can admit that then for your psychological well being I would say find a method of cleansing that works and makes good sense to you personally.
Not being superstitious but rational myself , I do not see that there is anything wrong with buying your first deck as they are inherently not "infused with energy" from someone else.I can see that it would be more special to be given as a gift your first HANDMADE deck but think about how many people handle the materials that go into the manufacture of the cards themselves and I have yet to see a valid explanation of how "energy can be infused" into an object As was stated in a previous response.
Tarot - to me anyway - is more of a tool that you can use to see the manifesting trends of reality as it is forming on the horizon (either horizon) in relation to the synchronicity in the nature of the universe , in other words there is no such thing as chance so there is no accident that you happen to draw The Magus from the Thoth tarot deck on the day that you blog about tarot. Anyway - that is my thinking , correct or not - there ya go Smile
07-25-2015, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 08:27 PM by Eliza.)
(01-10-2014 01:59 PM)CoVeNisTic Wrote:  
It depends upon how superstitious you are.If you are superstitious and you can admit that then for your psychological well being I would say find a method of cleansing that works and makes good sense to you personally.
Not being superstitious but rational myself , I do not see that there is anything wrong with buying your first deck as they are inherently not "infused with energy" from someone else.I can see that it would be more special to be given as a gift your first HANDMADE deck but think about how many people handle the materials that go into the manufacture of the cards themselves and I have yet to see a valid explanation of how "energy can be infused" into an object As was stated in a previous response.
Tarot - to me anyway - is more of a tool that you can use to see the manifesting trends of reality as it is forming on the horizon (either horizon) in relation to the synchronicity in the nature of the universe , in other words there is no such thing as chance so there is no accident that you happen to draw The Magus from the Thoth tarot deck on the day that you blog about tarot. Anyway - that is my thinking , correct or not - there ya go Smile

The energy of the many may be infused into the Tarot, it is of the human heart in the GODHEAD. And in faith and in harmlessness have vision in our SOURCE through the Tarot. SO MODE IT BE.

(06-26-2011 04:32 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  First I will never buy your own cards, they are supposed to be a gift. Now I always heard to clean them at a full moon set them where the moon can do its work. You can go here and read a lot of other methods. FREND OR FOE? want to know.
http://tarotinstitute.com/articles/clear.html

Once cleaned sleep with them under your pillow in its bag. This puts your power in it.

Do I believe in them? No but I did study about them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  thoth tarot cards where to get best ones snapdragon928 5 4,987 08-09-2011 05:36 PM
Last Post: snapdragon928