Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can your ghost do?
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
What can your ghost do?
Ok lets look at ghosts, these are claims we see people make.

Ghosts can appear and move around the home and follow you to a new location. Why can't we catch a ghost in a picture?

Ghosts can drain the batterys of paranormal investigators equipment to gather energy. They why don't your watch battery get drained or your smoke alarm battery or your tv remote batterys, or even your car batterys as these are all DC direct current. If a 1.5 volt AAA battery can give them a little power a 12 volt car battery should light them up for hours.

Ghosts can talk, or whisper in your ears while in bed. Ghosts can scream and make scary noises. Ghosts can over ride radio waves to talk on a ghost box, they can answer questions that you cannnot hear except on your recorder. Then why don't they tell us how to help them or what they want? Why do we have so many unsolved murders?

Ghosts can open and close doors, hide your keys, and other objects and have them disappear for days to months then reappear. Ghosts can bite us or scratch us, even push us, ghosts can throw things and move heavy tables. But they can't pick up a pencil and write us a note?

When investigating paranormal don't rely on assumptions, base your decisions on facts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 11:38 AM
RE: What can your ghost do?
Excellent points UnR Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032

Ghosts can appear and move around the home and follow you to a new location.
But remain elusive as soon as cameras and video cameras are brought out or appear as vague ambiguous forms very often surprisingly like shadows or light effects.

Ghosts can drain the batterys of paranormal investigators equipment to gather energy. They why don't your watch battery get drained or your smoke alarm battery or your tv remote batterys, or even your car batterys as these are all DC direct current.
Or why do they not just drain energy from the mains electricity supply?

Ghosts can talk, or whisper in your ears while in bed. Ghosts can scream and make scary noises. Ghosts can over ride radio waves to talk on a ghost box, they can answer questions that you cannnot hear except on your recorder.
And why do they only give Mediums the first letter of anyones name?

Ghosts can open and close doors, hide your keys, and other objects and have them disappear for days to months then reappear. Ghosts can bite us or scratch us, even push us, ghosts can throw things and move heavy tables
Why do they have to be so vague, especially when making themselves known to the recently bereaved living?. Why for instance leave a smell of pipe smoke when you could provide other far more compelling evidence?.

DB

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
02-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Interesting discussion. I wonder what would constitute proof? Film and photos are easily faked, and the technology for that is getting better all the time. Most of the tools investigators are using are little more than parlor games. The behaviors that people commonly attribute to ghosts seem silly; surely if we survive beyond this life (as I believe we do) then we have better things to do than pranks and riddles and nonsensical activities.
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 10:46 AM by D B Sweeney.)
The proof that we survive physical death would be the same proof for any claim - evidence that can be examined, replicated and tested by science - simple as that. I'm get slightly annoyed by claims that people have proof but won't subject that proof to scientific scrutiny that will either validate their amazing claim or refute it and hide behind confidentiality clauses because they basically don't want their bubble to be burst or anyone to actually point out the flaws in their 'research'. I've seen this attitude time and time again in my study of the subject.
Science has been trying to find proof of ghosts and spirits for over a hundred years but so far there's no evidence to support that we survive our physical death other than in the memories, pictures and films we leave behind.

DB

02-24-2011, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 07:52 PM by Ali.)
I wonder how one feels that science would ever be able to replicate death to see if there is an afterlife. That does not seem plausible to me. You would have an hypothesis, and try to approve or disprove the evidence. How would anyone be able to control the subject's passing to gather evidence/facts? What would be the control to base your findings against? Each of the individual deaths I have witnessed were very individual. The situations were difference, as well as the passings. Science will never be able to control a death enough scientifically to be able to study if there was an afterlife.

I read of a group that wants to enlist subjects that are dying, and be present at the event of their passing. The group mentioned trying to determine if there was an afterlife. It bothered me reading their quest. A passing is not something to be interrupted by ones own selfish desire to prove an afterlife. I found the idea sickening.

Belief in the afterlife is akin to belief in any spiritual belief. It is only that, a belief. I do not believe it will ever be anything more. We all search for proof, but I do not believe it will ever be proven. But what interests a person in the paranormal? It must be the belief that something exist, or is it is to make a mockery of those that do believe?
Pertaining to the OP... I do not believe anyone owns a ghost. That is comical. That is like owning a living human. (Last I heard, there was laws against that)

(02-09-2011 10:50 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Ghosts can bite us or scratch us, even push us, ghosts can throw things and move heavy tables.[/i] But they can't pick up a pencil and write us a note?

I wish I knew why my daughter and I were both scratched in the same spot, length and depth. Both scratches occurred during our sleep, one night apart. The scratches happened on my daughter's birthday. The first birthday after my mother passed. It was the same spot my mother would run her nail along our arms during visits, when she was unable to verbally communicate the last year of her life.

Do I know it was Mom? No. Does everything point towards her? Yes. Do I wish she would have picked up a pencil, and wrote a note? You bet. I would give anything to have a note signed "Love, Mom" again.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
In my opinion, Ali...it's an example of why we are all still looking. Because sometimes things just don't add up to an explanation that we can see or prove.

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
SG- I do not believe we will ever have indisputable conclusions during our lifetime regarding the afterlife or spirits.

I do know when something occur, I rack my brain trying to determine a logical explanation. When there is none, what are you left with? Is there any proof it is from the other side? No. Is there the belief it might be? Maybe. The 'maybe' is what keeps me searching for answers.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 09:50 PM by Ali.)
(02-24-2011 08:51 PM)Ali Wrote:  SG- I do not believe we will ever have indisputable conclusions during our lifetime regarding the afterlife or spirits.

I do know when something occur, I rack my brain trying to determine a logical explanation. When there is none, what are you left with? Is there any proof it is from the other side? No. Is there the belief it might be? Maybe. The 'maybe' is what keeps me searching for answers.

I guess that certainly sums up my outlook to some degree. However just because something is unexplainable to us as individuals does not mean that it's unexplainable to those who are better informed than ourselves. There are academics who know more, who are better experienced and better educated and ultimately better placed to open up their findings via published data that they put out into the public domain in order to validate their findings in the wider community. Then again there are those who talk the talk but don't walk the walk in terms of research and their evidence and instead hide
behind curtains of confidentiality and nonsense.
I agree with you Ali - the 'maybe' also keeps me searching for answers.

DB

05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
UNR, I swear, some of those questions you asked in the original post sound just like my dad when I would try to convince him we had ghosts!

The cases that have had claims of furniture moving around have always seemed the most bizarre to me. I do think that there might be something to energy that actually generates from a living person..but again, how is it happening? My personal experiences have been with doors slamming shut, toilets flushing on their own, and the famous "now where in the HELL did I put that?" thing that always seemed to happen...only for the item to turn up, sometimes weeks later, in places that seemed impossible. But I have honestly never seen serious furniture movement in front of my eyes, and while I'm not saying it can happen...it's something I would have a lot more questions about.

Oh, and as far as what could my "ghost" do....she listened to my whinings and rantings. Ghost or not, gotta give her credit for that! (oh yes...I even rambled back then....)

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
05-13-2011, 11:30 AM
My ghost doesn't do anything because I don't have one. Where can I get mine? How much are they? Can I special order one? 5' to 5'6", wild eyes (don't ask, I just know them when I see them), a little crazy but not nuts. Can cook. Oh, wait. Ghosts, get back on the subject of ghosts. Ok, now. I just want one that shows up once in a while and scares the crap out of my friends. Devil Smiley

Big eyes