Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens to the energy when we die?
We have had this discussion here many times about spirits being made of energy. Some people believe when you die this energy is released. Now some people think the energy returns to the source while others think the energy is a spirit. So as I started studying this I found this article about energy after death. Its written by Tim Dawson a senior pathologist who lectures in neuropathology.

ATP (Adenosine Tri-Phosphate) is the most readily available form of energy substrate in cells. When we are alive our cells are constantly regenerating this substance from ADP (Di-Phosphate) using glucose and oxygen and producing carbon dioxide and water. When we die (heart beat and breathing stop) our cells continue for a short time to use up stocks of glucose and oxygen and utilise ATP for cell processes before the chemical reaction slows and ceases – maybe several hours after the heart stops, depending on ambient temperature.

One of these processes keeps muscle fibres sliding over each other. When all the ATP is used up the muscles of a dead person become “stiff”, which is known as Rigor Mortis.

ATP also keeps potent digestive enzymes in the cells locked up. When the ATP is used up these enzymes break out and start digesting the body cells from inside – a process known as Putrifaction.

After death the protective mechanisms that keep bacteria at bay in the gut is lost and these invade tissues and begin to breakdown fats, proteins etc. using up the energy locked up in them. So everything is eventually recycled.

So does this explain the energy left in our body and do away with the spirit energy?
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Although Mr./ Dr.? Dawson addresses the physical body death using ATP function, my belief is that physical body death is not spiritual/chakras/soul death and they are separate energies from physical energy of the muscles and body tissues affected by chemical reaction.
The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.

- Kahlil Gibran
I would agree with 1TxLady wholeheartedly. The spirit energy is separate from the physical body entirely. The physical aspects of ATP are a good example though of how energy is changed into new kinds of energy, but I don't for one minute believe it just ends there.

Einsteins theory of relativitity in how mass is energy and does not die but is simply transformed into new energy is the best example I would have to offer. Some have referred to the soul as the spirit for years, I say they are one in the same (soul and spirit) and that again, that they are separate from the physical mass. Once the physical body expires the spirit energy is released and transformed...and unbound by the limitations of the matter (physical body) which once contained it.

I fully admit I may be wrong and that remains to be seen once my own physical body wears out and I myself die. It's always possible that everything we know or theorize is completely incorrect and that in this vast universe we are all just a bunch of parasites on a flying rock.
We all are made up of many different personalities. I don't believe that we are simply a collection of cells..we have something very individual about all of us. Does all of that die when the body itself does? It's so much a part of who we are, that's hard for me to accept, and at the same time..I can't deny that there is no actual proof that any part of us continues to exist.

I do know that people create energy, and I don't think it is just due to their physical presence. I know that when I am around an infectiously funny personality, I am lifted up and full of energy to take on whatever I need to. When I am around a negative person, I am immediately tired and drained from their very presence, unless I take steps not to be. To me, (and this is just an opinion)..it seems that energy would be separate from anything physical.

This is very good information and it is always imperative in any research to start with what is known. Thanks for sharing it!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

What scary girl67 said about proof is correct, but just because you can't prove something, doesn't mean it's not true.
Haki
Dark matter exists. Scientists are yet to prove what it is, can't see it, touch it or smell it, or even offer any sort of reasonable explanation for it whatsoever. We have a name for it but we haven't a clue what it is...yet everything in the universe is suspended by it.

Just about the time we figure out the specifics of dark matter we should know all about spirit energy. Or the planet will explode. Either way...