Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Calling Everyone!!!
Toungue 
Hello everyone Smile at the moment I am doing some work on different aspects of spirituality. I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on how Christianity/Catholics view things like spirit guide?? Because I have read thi9ng online that some people are against them so I was wondering if anyone has any info on how they views spirituality whether it is good or bad I would be very thankful Big Grin
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you've imagined" ~ Helen Keller
Moved to the regular religion board since your asking for a catholic/christian opinion. That and so you can get more answers Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032
Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
(William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894)

Well, I'd like to start by saying I was raised Pentecostal (My father is a Pentecostal Minister) and this view only comes from that particular "branch" of Christianity (However, I do not subscribe to be a pentecostal or a Christian). In the Pentecostal church things like "spirit guides" are more often referred to as "Guardian Angels". Basically, they believe ever person has a guardian angel, unique to them, who watches over them and guides them through lifes choices and paths.

Now, from what I have read, Angels are seen as more of a "human like" being in the Pentecostal stance, and frequently, Animal Spirit guides and so on, are looked upon as "Witch craft" and "false idols". So basically, I guess what I'm saying is I believe most Christian groups believe in spirit guides as Guardian Angels, but if you change the title...it tends to make them feel unnerved and they lean more towards it going against their beliefs.

Thats just my opinion though.