Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Journey to meet your spirit animal
11-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Journey to meet your spirit animal
I do not agree with this method, but it is proven to work.
My spirit animal is the grey wolf.
http://www.mysticfamiliar.com/library/me...em_med.htm

Ignorance is Bliss but Knowledge is Power
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2010, 10:55 AM
RE: Journey to meet your spirit animal
If I may be so bold as to ask...what is it that you don't agree with? I've used this method several times to meet various guides and it works quite well

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
(William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894)
12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I enjoy Shamanistic journeywork myself, and I agree it does work.

I'd also like to know what you don't agree with Jenova...you say it works, but don't agree with the method?

I guess that doesn't make much sense to me.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to tell me what you need and I will tell you how to get by without it. ~Mom

For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the sceptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough. ~John Zaffis
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
You know I am Christian, just the Lord of the underworld I don't agree with, by the way, what animal did you guys get

12-10-2010, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 11:23 AM by Haunted Lady.)
I am Christian too. Christians believe in prayer, which is supposed to be a two way street. God isn't Santa Claus. Listening to God (or whomever your deity may be) requires you be still enough to hear Him, and this is where prayer leads to meditation.

Journeywork is meditatation. Religions the world over (including Christian religions) use methods such as this to grow and transform thier spiritual selves to higher understanding. For whatever the method you may use to meditate, there are dozens of different names for it depending upon the culture, religion and worldly locale. God openly allowed different religions so that we may choose how we worship and have personal relationship with Him.

If journeywork is the form of meditation by which you can understand and grow in your personal spirituality...I am just guessing but I don't think Jesus is going to mind. He didn't say so in the Bible and as far as the 'darklord of the underworld'...that's ALWAYS your responsibility to keep Satan from meddling in your mind, life and heart.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to tell me what you need and I will tell you how to get by without it. ~Mom

For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the sceptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough. ~John Zaffis
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
(12-10-2010 11:23 AM)Lady Kamae Wrote:  I am Christian too. Christians believe in prayer, which is supposed to be a two way street. God isn't Santa Claus. Listening to God (or whomever your deity may be) requires you be still enough to hear Him, and this is where prayer leads to meditation.

Journeywork is meditatation. Religions the world over (including Christian religions) use methods such as this to grow and transform thier spiritual selves to higher understanding. For whatever the method you may use to meditate, there are dozens of different names for it depending upon the culture, religion and worldly locale. God openly allowed different religions so that we may choose how we worship and have personal relationship with Him.

If journeywork is the form of meditation by which you can understand and grow in your personal spirituality...I am just guessing but I don't think Jesus is going to mind. He didn't say so in the Bible and as far as the 'darklord of the underworld'...that's ALWAYS your responsibility to keep Satan from meddling in your mind, life and heart.

Agree 100% altho I am not christian nor do I believe in satan or the devil, Meditation and journey work is older then the christian religion

12-11-2010, 04:54 AM
I did not know that, thank you

12-23-2010, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2010 03:57 PM by WitchMom78.)
(12-02-2010 06:58 PM)Lady Kamae Wrote:  I enjoy Shamanistic journeywork myself, and I agree it does work.

I'd also like to know what you don't agree with Jenova...you say it works, but don't agree with the method?

I guess that doesn't make much sense to me.

When doing this... Do you read a paragraph and then visualize it or do you have to visualize what you are reading as you are reading it?
12-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm not LK but both her and I do Shamanic journey work. I started out by doing guided meditations. Meaning I had done both meditation on CD or a meditation led by someone (being pagan I have open access to things like this)

I suggest doing guided if possible for the first few times when trying this. Once you get the hang of it then you can read from books and just visualize it once done reading or just make your own meditation up. Which is what I do alot since I have been doing these for a few years now

12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
(12-23-2010 04:07 PM)WitchMom78 Wrote:  I'm not LK but both her and I do Shamanic journey work. I started out by doing guided meditations. Meaning I had done both meditation on CD or a meditation led by someone (being pagan I have open access to things like this)

I suggest doing guided if possible for the first few times when trying this. Once you get the hang of it then you can read from books and just visualize it once done reading or just make your own meditation up. Which is what I do alot since I have been doing these for a few years now

Witchmom, you have been very gracious with your replies and sharing of knowledge. Thank you.
Would it be okay to pm you w/ further questions in the future?
I promise not to bombard your inbox, just would like a link for guidance.