Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Psychic Abilities and Mental Illness
03-16-2016, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2016 12:31 PM by akephart83.)
RE: Psychic Abilities and Mental Illness
(02-23-2010 06:23 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  First let say this isn’t an attack on claimed psychics though some of you will feel it is. I am seeing a pattern and am trying follow up on it.
Is there a fine line between psychic images and mental illness? Do people with a form of a neurological issues have a special ability? Does the issue open doors to this ability? Do people that hear voices and see images walk this fine line between schizophrenia or another disorder and true abilities?

Through out time we see some people will induce an altered state to get answers, shamans, medicine men, some Indian cultures. We see sweat lodges, taking hallucinogens, fasting, and a host of other methods used to see visions. So does this fine line open the door to the future?

The difference between a psychic ability and a mentally ill person is the ability to distinguish which reality they are operating in at any particular time and to consciously and Intent fully make this transition. The ability to move between these places is when you can control your visions and your sanity.

Now this can also be said to those that see Ghosts, Demons, Angels and God. Now I am hoping people will offer opinions on this based on their experiences.

Now what I am looking for is for is people who claim to have these abilities have you ever been diagnosed or treated with any form of a neurological issue. This can be from adhd, to anxiety depression to schizophrenia, lesions, ms, to migraines.

I am curious how many have or haven’t that have these abilities. Is learning to control walking the line the key to this?

The Schizophrenic drowns in the waters the Mystic swims in with delight.

I have been a medium for about 15 years now. I was introduced into it by a lady i call mom, although shes not my biological mother. anyways, I can hear (with my heart mainly, sometimes with my ears) and feel spirits. I get chills or tears that confirm that what I am hearing is correct. (i have questioned it for sure in the past lol)

Now, i dealt with some pretty bad anxiety. I was put on medication for my anxiety about 6 years ago. I got so bad that i was afraid to leave my house. Id get severe panic attacks (felt like i couldnt breathe, heart racing, shakey, felt like i was going to pass out, etc.) It was prob. the worst experience in my life. feeling like your going to die is just aweful, and thats exactly what it made me feel like.

I have heard that those with anxiety and mental illnesses tend to be more capable of having the abilities to talk to spirits vs those who dont. It def. is a very interesting topic.
(02-23-2010 09:21 AM)Haunted Lady Wrote:  First of all UNR I'm not taking this thread personal in any way. Yes, I do call myself psychic, and yet the things you mention I wholeheartedly believe are neccessary to consider whenever someone claims psychic gifting.

As far as my own medical and psychological history I am totally willing to disclose related information. It doesn't bother me in least, nor do I take any offense whatsoever.

I experienced spirit related psychic experiences from a very young age of between four of five years old. I saw, spoke to and had extensive interaction with spirits...those who passed from this life. Several instances occurred, from the little girl ghost I played with at a local historic home during a movie filming (the story is published on TGT) to my 'imaginary' friend whom I was able to locate death records on as an adult. My mother was witness to these and other other interactions like it. It's also significant that through actual research I was able to confirm their previous Earthly existence.

Noteworthy enough at such a young age mental illness rarely if ever comes into question. Without the activity of the pituitary gland which occurs at puberty, the brain does not have need to balance the chemicals seratonin or norepinephrine as they just do not exist in amounts which would cause issue. Later in life medications containing a reuptake inhibitor can be used to balance brain chemistry making bipolar spectrum disorder and schizophrenia manageable, treatable conditions. These medications given to children prior to pituitary activity can cause devastating permanent injury to the production of these hormones, and are not FDA approved for use in very young children for this reason.

Four hours after my son's birth in 1988 I went into seizures followed by a convulsive coma due to full blown eclampsia (old shool knows this condition as toxemia). I nearly died, and woke from my coma after eight days. During the coma I had an 'out of body' experience and walked in the Heavenly (or spirit) realm with the Creator. He shared with me secrets of this life including my life path. I saw not only angels...but the Creator Himself. It was after this I was as well given the gift of discernment. Years after this I went on to work within and with the church in the areas of faith healing and demonology.

The convulsive coma is pertinent however as this was the time I experiences Heavenly beings specifically. While unconscious two separate MRI's (magnetic resonance imaging) were performed to attempt to discover why I did not wake up...the medical staff had no reason for me to continue to remain in a coma. The first MRI just a day after failing to wake showed a brain lesion in the frontal lobe. Recent medical and scientific studies do prove this to be the area of the brain sensitive, resposible for and affected by visions of angels and demons (as well as other mystical creatures). At the time however...my family was questioned about previous head traumas or IV drug use (there had been neither). The second MRI on the seventh day of the coma showed the lesion to be completely gone. I awoke the next day.

The scientific theory suggests my experience was caused by the lesion. I don't share that opinion. My own theory...my out of body, Heavenly experience was medically and scientifically captured on film.

As an adult I felt burdened by my gifts and struggled for years. I sought psychological assistance more than once and begged to be relieved of a condition I could not understand. I went so far as to attempt to convince mental health professionals on a couple of occasions that I must be crazy. If a pill could fix my unexplainable fore-knowledge and empathic pain I was more than willing. I felt like the doctors weren't listening and turned me out to the wolves.

Finally, I sought help through the church. Through intensive pastoral counseling and inner healing prayer I finally had some answers in spiritual gifting. Ironically it was the church that agreed to refer me for extensive psychological testing, not the psychologists or psychiatrist I had first run to! The results of the testing in fact deflated my last hope, I was in fact medically and psychologically sane. I accepted my destiny and gave over to the calling of the Creator that I should persue ministry.

The only time during this forty year history I was indeed diagnosed with depression it was post partum related after my second child. I did not experience this condition with either the first or third children...and it was short lived. I did opt to accept an anti-depressant with the post partum which I was weaned off of within three months.

Significantly, there is a family history of severe clinical depression. My grandmother, mother and aunt spent their lives unsuccessfully attempting to control their illness. Changes in medications and therapy have failed to help them. I as well recognize that at least in the case of my mother (and then with my youngest daughter) they as well have psychic (or spiritual) gifts. Mental illness and psychic gifts are both hereditary and run in families.

For myself I have spent a lifetime learning to control my gifts, and do actively participate in reality! It is a learned skill to focus psychic gifts, use protections and differentiate between the psychic plane and the Earthly plane. It is a conscious act to interact in each area in life differentially.

Is that where I (and now my daughter whom I am teaching) would be different than the family history? Have we with our gifts learned to walk that fine line? Is it possible so many deemed mentally ill are in fact not...yet haven't learned the skills to cope with their gifts?

Just maybe mental illness and/or depression is not the condition with psychic gifts being the symptom. Possibly the psychic gifts are the condition in a large percentage of the population in question, and the depression and related ilnesses are the symptoms of the gifting.

The truth is you can't even begin to understand the burdens of a psychic if you haven't walked in their shoes.

"you cant even begin to understand the burdens of a psychic if you haven't walked in their shoes" so true!!! I really enjoyed reading your post!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2016 12:32 PM by Silent Truths.)
(03-16-2016 12:27 PM)akephart83 Wrote:  
(02-23-2010 06:23 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  First let say this isn’t an attack on claimed psychics though some of you will feel it is. I am seeing a pattern and am trying follow up on it.
Is there a fine line between psychic images and mental illness? Do people with a form of a neurological issues have a special ability? Does the issue open doors to this ability? Do people that hear voices and see images walk this fine line between schizophrenia or another disorder and true abilities?

Through out time we see some people will induce an altered state to get answers, shamans, medicine men, some Indian cultures. We see sweat lodges, taking hallucinogens, fasting, and a host of other methods used to see visions. So does this fine line open the door to the future?

The difference between a psychic ability and a mentally ill person is the ability to distinguish which reality they are operating in at any particular time and to consciously and Intent fully make this transition. The ability to move between these places is when you can control your visions and your sanity.

Now this can also be said to those that see Ghosts, Demons, Angels and God. Now I am hoping people will offer opinions on this based on their experiences.

Now what I am looking for is for is people who claim to have these abilities have you ever been diagnosed or treated with any form of a neurological issue. This can be from adhd, to anxiety depression to schizophrenia, lesions, ms, to migraines.

I am curious how many have or haven’t that have these abilities. Is learning to control walking the line the key to this?

The Schizophrenic drowns in the waters the Mystic swims in with delight.

I have been a medium for about 15 years now. I was introduced into it by a lady i call mom, although shes not my biological mother. anyways, I can hear (with my heart mainly, sometimes with my ears) and feel spirits. I get chills or tears that confirm that what I am hearing is correct. (i have questioned it for sure in the past lol)

Now, i dealt with some pretty bad anxiety. I was put on medication for my anxiety about 6 years ago. I got so bad that i was afraid to leave my house. Id get severe panic attacks (felt like i couldnt breathe, heart racing, shakey, felt like i was going to pass out, etc.) It was prob. the worst experience in my life. feeling like your going to die is just aweful, and thats exactly what it made me feel like.

I have heard that those with anxiety and mental illnesses tend to be more capable of having the abilities to talk to spirits vs those who dont. It def. is a very interesting topic.

Well I can see two probable links to this.

1) If we all take the assumption that a variety of psychic abilities exist that are not normally found in the population. It would make sense that it would more than likely occur among people with an abnormal psyche.

2) It is also possible that people who are mentally unstable are more likely to want to have such abilities or have hallucinations and/or delusions of having such abilities.

I say this full knowing that I have not been diagnosed with a mental disorder and seem to have an "ability" that many would call "psychic".
03-21-2016, 06:11 PM
(02-23-2010 09:21 AM)Haunted Lady Wrote:  First of all UNR I'm not taking this thread personal in any way. Yes, I do call myself psychic, and yet the things you mention I wholeheartedly believe are neccessary to consider whenever someone claims psychic gifting.

As far as my own medical and psychological history I am totally willing to disclose related information. It doesn't bother me in least, nor do I take any offense whatsoever.

I experienced spirit related psychic experiences from a very young age of between four of five years old. I saw, spoke to and had extensive interaction with spirits...those who passed from this life. Several instances occurred, from the little girl ghost I played with at a local historic home during a movie filming (the story is published on TGT) to my 'imaginary' friend whom I was able to locate death records on as an adult. My mother was witness to these and other other interactions like it. It's also significant that through actual research I was able to confirm their previous Earthly existence.

Noteworthy enough at such a young age mental illness rarely if ever comes into question. Without the activity of the pituitary gland which occurs at puberty, the brain does not have need to balance the chemicals seratonin or norepinephrine as they just do not exist in amounts which would cause issue. Later in life medications containing a reuptake inhibitor can be used to balance brain chemistry making bipolar spectrum disorder and schizophrenia manageable, treatable conditions. These medications given to children prior to pituitary activity can cause devastating permanent injury to the production of these hormones, and are not FDA approved for use in very young children for this reason.

Four hours after my son's birth in 1988 I went into seizures followed by a convulsive coma due to full blown eclampsia (old shool knows this condition as toxemia). I nearly died, and woke from my coma after eight days. During the coma I had an 'out of body' experience and walked in the Heavenly (or spirit) realm with the Creator. He shared with me secrets of this life including my life path. I saw not only angels...but the Creator Himself. It was after this I was as well given the gift of discernment. Years after this I went on to work within and with the church in the areas of faith healing and demonology.

The convulsive coma is pertinent however as this was the time I experiences Heavenly beings specifically. While unconscious two separate MRI's (magnetic resonance imaging) were performed to attempt to discover why I did not wake up...the medical staff had no reason for me to continue to remain in a coma. The first MRI just a day after failing to wake showed a brain lesion in the frontal lobe. Recent medical and scientific studies do prove this to be the area of the brain sensitive, resposible for and affected by visions of angels and demons (as well as other mystical creatures). At the time however...my family was questioned about previous head traumas or IV drug use (there had been neither). The second MRI on the seventh day of the coma showed the lesion to be completely gone. I awoke the next day.

The scientific theory suggests my experience was caused by the lesion. I don't share that opinion. My own theory...my out of body, Heavenly experience was medically and scientifically captured on film.

As an adult I felt burdened by my gifts and struggled for years. I sought psychological assistance more than once and begged to be relieved of a condition I could not understand. I went so far as to attempt to convince mental health professionals on a couple of occasions that I must be crazy. If a pill could fix my unexplainable fore-knowledge and empathic pain I was more than willing. I felt like the doctors weren't listening and turned me out to the wolves.

Finally, I sought help through the church. Through intensive pastoral counseling and inner healing prayer I finally had some answers in spiritual gifting. Ironically it was the church that agreed to refer me for extensive psychological testing, not the psychologists or psychiatrist I had first run to! The results of the testing in fact deflated my last hope, I was in fact medically and psychologically sane. I accepted my destiny and gave over to the calling of the Creator that I should persue ministry.

The only time during this forty year history I was indeed diagnosed with depression it was post partum related after my second child. I did not experience this condition with either the first or third children...and it was short lived. I did opt to accept an anti-depressant with the post partum which I was weaned off of within three months.

Significantly, there is a family history of severe clinical depression. My grandmother, mother and aunt spent their lives unsuccessfully attempting to control their illness. Changes in medications and therapy have failed to help them. I as well recognize that at least in the case of my mother (and then with my youngest daughter) they as well have psychic (or spiritual) gifts. Mental illness and psychic gifts are both hereditary and run in families.

For myself I have spent a lifetime learning to control my gifts, and do actively participate in reality! It is a learned skill to focus psychic gifts, use protections and differentiate between the psychic plane and the Earthly plane. It is a conscious act to interact in each area in life differentially.

Is that where I (and now my daughter whom I am teaching) would be different than the family history? Have we with our gifts learned to walk that fine line? Is it possible so many deemed mentally ill are in fact not...yet haven't learned the skills to cope with their gifts?

Just maybe mental illness and/or depression is not the condition with psychic gifts being the symptom. Possibly the psychic gifts are the condition in a large percentage of the population in question, and the depression and related ilnesses are the symptoms of the gifting.

The truth is you can't even begin to understand the burdens of a psychic if you haven't walked in their shoes.

I agree with you 100%. I'm similar to you. Years trying to figure it out.
04-26-2016, 03:04 AM
I have been diagnosed since I was young witb ADHD I think it might be a link it might be possible but this is where I get confused with this..I ha e had visions and had traveled alot since the age of 5, ironically that happens to be around when I started going to therapy and was put on meds to try and "fix these issues" I actually remember seeing my visions less often when I was on meds. And eventually it went away all together for awhile from ages 9-13. Around 13-14 I took myself off of them because I was like a.zombie in school it was adnormal of my usual happy behavior (people also decided to start messing around.with dosages and I was.on a depressent and a.stimulant at the same time) and I felt so.ething resonate within me saying they do.me.no good, so I took myself off I now can see things clearer and travel to other places esat will again. All I suffer from now is the occasional depression but I am also In a bind atm( being job less and not dealing with the loss of my grandmother so I think it's self justified) I personally think you have to see the world in a different way to believe these things so I'm gonna go off a limb here and say yea at least a little bit, I mean I fully admit I'm crazy, I do t think of myself as insane, just a different level from all those normal people out there.

As I look through the eyes of my mortal body, I continue to see with the immoral eyes that I have already owned.
04-26-2016, 07:23 AM
(04-26-2016 03:04 AM)Kiraren Wrote:  I have been diagnosed since I was young witb ADHD I think it might be a link it might be possible but this is where I get confused with this..I ha e had visions and had traveled alot since the age of 5, ironically that happens to be around when I started going to therapy and was put on meds to try and "fix these issues" I actually remember seeing my visions less often when I was on meds. And eventually it went away all together for awhile from ages 9-13. Around 13-14 I took myself off of them because I was like a.zombie in school it was adnormal of my usual happy behavior (people also decided to start messing around.with dosages and I was.on a depressent and a.stimulant at the same time) and I felt so.ething resonate within me saying they do.me.no good, so I took myself off I now can see things clearer and travel to other places esat will again. All I suffer from now is the occasional depression but I am also In a bind atm( being job less and not dealing with the loss of my grandmother so I think it's self justified) I personally think you have to see the world in a different way to believe these things so I'm gonna go off a limb here and say yea at least a little bit, I mean I fully admit I'm crazy, I do t think of myself as insane, just a different level from all those normal people out there.
There is a doctor in Dallas that does a radio program on an AM station about ADHD. I don't know if he is different from other treatment methods for ADHD but it is interesting at times. He makes the point that there is an evolutionary reason to have some people with ADHD. Having a warrior or hunter with a continuously changing field of attention can be great as they are often the first people to notice other people or animals coming into view.

I have some mild ADHD. I was able to cope in school and do ok without drugs. Now I find I excel at driving long distances as I hardly get "highway hypnosis." I constantly change my center of attention from one place to another and can drive for hours on end.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.
05-14-2016, 07:56 PM
Dark people saying "I think Im a little ADD/ADHD" kills me. Im not saying you arnt but so many people are misdiagnosed or self diagnosed which really messes everything up for people who have it.
I agree, driving I dont get "highway hypnosis" either as a professional driver because of the natural multi-focus ADHD gives me. I know my story is littered over this site but I will do a condensed version.

Within my fathers family there was no mention of mental illness, but many were very bright and noble people. I think some had abilities but it was never really something you were to talk about. His father died before I was born but his mother was alive until I was 6. He said that she always seemed to know more then she should. When he got together with my mother, she{his mother} warned him that my mother would not be with him until the end. She was right despite it was many years after died that her words were true.
My father gets feelings about things, as example he had a real bad feeling about my paternal grandfather going into surgery, a surgery that killed him. My father never chalked it up to more then gut feelings for the most part.

Within my mothers family I would say that her fathers side was shifty, but her father was fairly decent. Im not sure how to describe him other then hard and a touch twisted. Her mother came from an abusive family{she married up}, she{grandmother} was very physically abusive to her kids, and she never wanted boys for some reason. I feel its my maternal grandmothers side the mental illness comes from. She was never quite right, and her daughters were both very crazy and manipulative.
My mother{who also married up the second time} was never diagnosed with anything but she was insane by my count. I saw once in a movie something that fit this well "If crazy could be explained, it wouldnt be crazy". Crazy is something that unless you live it you really cant understand. A part of me will always question if I will be crazy like her one day, as of yet the answer is no. Im aware of no abilities from her side of the family.

For myself I am ADHD, my brain is different in a way science can measure. It is a condition I dont believe in medicating. When I was medicated I was robotic, the world was alien and I felt disconnected in all aspects of my life. It did not stop my abilities, but it did cause me anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, anxiety attacks, and a numbness to the world. I havent been on meds for it since I was 14-15 and decided to stop taking them, it was a hell of a transition period I nearly failed a few grades. For years I hadnt been balancing everything myself, it was sensory over load in many ways. Like suddenly trying to stand when youve been being dragged under in a river, its a struggle to shore.
My mother was abusive, but most only to us girls, she left my brother alone in comparison. Overall she seemed to hate me the most, not sure if its for what I am or who I am, maybe some of both.
I think my brother got a sime ability from my father, but he doesnt talk to me about it like we use to when we were little. He does not sense death like me{that I am aware}, and its not something I would wish on him. I would say my brother is as sane as his upbringing allows, but I see more of my mother then my father in him. Me? Im a dead ringger for our dead great grandmother on my fathers side, so its a bit clearer who I followed after. Both of us in theory had Near Deaths at birth, umbilical cords round our necks. He came out completely blue and almost dead, I was mostly just choked but saved from worse by my father being there to cut the cord{since the doctor was late}.
When I was little and had the vaccine rounds we learned I was allergic to the Pertussis vaccine, it caused me seizures. I was told to avoid medications with seizure warnings. Ive not had any seizures since in my life. I dont really have allergies other then this one, though some chemicals bother me. No one else in my immediate family has allergies really either, and no seizure histories.

All this Ive never thought it had a lick to do with what I am, I still dont. Id probably consider myself crazy if not for the outside witnesses I have to the strange things that have happened. Many have come to fear me, the few that have stayed just chalk it up more as weird stuff just happens with me. Ive never found any great meaning in my path, some divine purpose. Mostly I help those that come to me, but I dont wander too far off myself.....

"Studies Show...Intelligent girls are more depressed, because they know what the world is really like.....She knows in society she's either a Devil or an Angel with no in between. She speaks in the third person, so that she can forget that she's me." ~Emily Autumn ...the path beyond...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2016, 08:51 PM
(05-14-2016 07:56 PM)Fair_Luminary Wrote:  Dark people saying "I think Im a little ADD/ADHD" kills me. Im not saying you arnt but so many people are misdiagnosed or self diagnosed which really messes everything up for people who have it.
I agree, driving I dont get "highway hypnosis" either as a professional driver because of the natural multi-focus ADHD gives me. I know my story is littered over this site but I will do a condensed version.

Understand. I look at a lot of things as a bell curve. If you could chart ADD/ADHD on the curve I'd definitely be on the downhill slope, but not anywhere near the point of not being able to cope without drugs, which is where I think the drugs should be used, for people that have no way to cope otherwise. You sound like you've done pretty well in that respect.

But I definitely do have problems with my attention span. If I didn't bring my attention back to the task at hand I'd never get anything done. You have no idea how hard it was to read all the way through to the end of your post and I read a few of the sentences more than once because I got distracted before the end of the sentence and had to read it again.

I don't know how it bears on ADD/ADHD but for some reason I have a great ability to troubleshoot broken equipment. Maybe it's that I jump from one possible source to another or maybe it's because I taught myself to run down a logical sequence automatically, but it's kept me employed for 40 years.

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.
06-29-2016, 02:22 AM
I had and still have a very photographic memory. I have above average hearing. But my ears ring sometimes. I think I'm very sensitive to energy and there are times I could hear low vibrations and other noises others don't hear. I had schizophrenia for awhile. It was hard to deal with, because I was definitely in touch with another realm of existence. It's just hard because....it's like you wake up and everyone else is asleep. Or become characters from dreams. Much like in the movie Inception, when the characters begin to come after you because you are aware that it's a dream. I was noticing things I wasn't supposed to notice. What scares me more in the delusion of normalcy. That people are trapped in ignorance and can't grasp alternatives to their mind-sets. Being so open, it's like...I've lived life as an outsider but it was beautiful and it was free and it was my existence. Right now I'm trying to overcome fear and projections of fear. I think schizophrenia is a symptom of having a soul that is oppressed and trying to wake up. I agree with C.G.Jung and he's the one who helped me, his theories and psychology about dreams. The collective consciousness and unconscious. Studying him and angel therapy recovered me over time. I am not diagnosed with schizophrenia anymore. That's even harder too. Because the mental health label never really describes the experience or human condition enough or just couldn't explain it. It was more of a silencing to my free thinking, and oppression that I felt which stole what lessons I had learned and oppressed the stuff I couldn't contain....I had to realize that my father was wrong. Patriarchy and oppression, men and domination of women's freedom of thought. On one hand a person is sick, and when you can't reach them you don't know what to do. But there is also the process, of connecting to your feelings and emotions. Reality is just oppressive, or there's a force that attempts to oppress the spirit. Everyone has a spirit. But if you can't control your spirit, others can or take over. That's why it's scary waking up. Psychosis to me, I noticed things.....that made no sense. Like people saying things out of character. I couldn't be sure if I was in another dimension, or if I was somehow taking them over or a part of me could control people or see something else. So many instances, a parallel reality. Paintings with different images from one day to the next. Knowing answers on tests. artificially intelligent machines. cyborgs....I know that everything is light.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does humanity posess psychic abilities? ParaSensing 5 500 08-02-2016 01:57 AM
Last Post: Itheblaze
  Not New to Psychic Abilities, but THIS is New.... brett0127 8 1,272 03-27-2015 07:52 PM
Last Post: nawal