Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions
BUT WHAT IF??????????? - Printable Version

+- Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions (http://www.talkparanormal.com)
+-- Forum: Tech And Tip Topics (http://www.talkparanormal.com/forum-101.html)
+--- Forum: EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon (http://www.talkparanormal.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: BUT WHAT IF??????????? (/thread-5908.html)

Pages: 1 2

BUT WHAT IF??????????? - razor242 - 02-22-2010

Electronic voice phenomena (EVP) are recordings of voice or voice-like sounds that are not audible to the human ear. The frequencies of these sounds are reportedly well below the range of sounds that can be perceived by the human ear. Typically, but not always, they are short having a length of only one word or a short phrase.

If it is true than what would you call it if a spirit/ghost called your name or said something to you that you could hear without recording.

I have heard on two ocasions someone calling my name and there be no explination to what it was my friend heard it too
we were alone no tvs were in her basment ,
her house is in the middle of nowhere.
so i think you can hear things at times if its important enough

Do you think its possible to hear a ghost without recording????

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - CMF - 02-22-2010

yes I do............................

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - Bracket - 02-22-2010

Yes, there is a term for it but i can't seem to remember it. Icontexto-emoticons-08-032x032

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - CMF - 02-22-2010

The term I have used is "What the hell was that??"

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - The Truth - 03-06-2010

Yes, I believe that you can hear whatever a ghost or spirit says!
It is kind of weird, but super exciting!!! Keep in mind I am not sugguesting that everything is audible, but sometimes it can be.

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - Alpha - 03-07-2010

I've had spirits whisper into my ear

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - mythbuster2009 - 03-07-2010

I am happy to report I have had no spirits whisper in my ear today and the only entity that called my name earlier today ended up actually being the voice attached to my friend K----. Strangely, as if by amazing coincidence, when he showed up, I heard what I thought was a ringing bell at the time...which turned out to be my doorbell *whew*

AND THEN my cat acted strangely as soon as K---- sat down at my place, so I thought a ghost might be 'around' somewhere and my cat might be sensing it - but it just turned out that K----, my friend, sat on my cat's stringy toy.

All in all it was a wonderful, non-frightening day, relatively paranormal-episode-free day and I am glad that I had no experiences like some of you report in the forum.....

*whew*

Ohyeah - and yes, I have had friends report that they have heard a ghost speaking before...and I believe one particular friend about the ghost she senses in her home...she says he is noisy and she hears words sometimes but can't quite make out what "Fred" is saying. She's not the least bit afraid of "Fred" though, so one of these days, since she keeps talking to him, he'll probably answer clearly enough and loudly enough for her to hear what he's actually saying.

Better at her place than mine

Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032

Good

Nite

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - jeff - 03-08-2010

(02-22-2010, 03:32 PM)razor242 Wrote: Electronic voice phenomena (EVP) are recordings of voice or voice-like sounds that are not audible to the human ear. The frequencies of these sounds are reportedly well below the range of sounds that can be perceived by the human ear. Typically, but not always, they are short having a length of only one word or a short phrase.

If it is true then what would you call it if a spirit/ghost called your name or said something to you that you could hear without recording.

I have heard on two ocasions someone calling my name and there be no explination to what it was my friend heard it too
we were alone no tvs were in her basment ,
her house is in the middle of nowhere.
so i think you can hear things at times if its important enough

Do you think its possible to hear a ghost without recording????
razor242,

I was waking one morning here recently, and I heard a voice whisper in my left ear that sounded distinctly like the voice of my ex, and she's been gone now about 14 years. I'm reasonably sure it was a spirit, told it to leave in Jesus' name. Besides, I imagine she is the last person on earth that I'd want to talk with. We no longer have much in common.

Back to your question. Yes, I think some "ghosts" can be heard audibly. Same goes for angels. But are we spiritually mature enough to tell the difference in spirits? I believe angels may approach us directly, and visibly. I suspect demons do just the opposite..., the more fear they can stir up in you is better for them. They seem to get a great pleasure out of your fear. It excites them.

In closing, getting a medical evaluation might produce evidence that clearly indicates some sort of disorder is present. Based on that, treatment could begin to eliminate the disorder. If doctors can't find any evidence, one is left to pursue other forms of treatment..., like ministers and priests. I believe dedicating a special time for daily prayer might be effective in driving uninvited beings out of your home and out of your life.

Keep all of us informed,
and may God bless you and your home.

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - Robot - 03-08-2010

(02-22-2010, 04:19 PM)Bracket Wrote: Yes, there is a term for it but i can't seem to remember it. Icontexto-emoticons-08-032x032

Dis-embodied voice?

RE: BUT WHAT IF??????????? - CMF - 03-08-2010

(03-07-2010, 06:43 AM)mythbuster2009 Wrote: I am happy to report I have had no spirits whisper in my ear today and the only entity that called my name earlier today ended up actually being the voice attached to my friend K----. Strangely, as if by amazing coincidence, when he showed up, I heard what I thought was a ringing bell at the time...which turned out to be my doorbell *whew*

AND THEN my cat acted strangely as soon as K---- sat down at my place, so I thought a ghost might be 'around' somewhere and my cat might be sensing it - but it just turned out that K----, my friend, sat on my cat's stringy toy.

All in all it was a wonderful, non-frightening day, relatively paranormal-episode-free day and I am glad that I had no experiences like some of you report in the forum.....

*whew*

Ohyeah - and yes, I have had friends report that they have heard a ghost speaking before...and I believe one particular friend about the ghost she senses in her home...she says he is noisy and she hears words sometimes but can't quite make out what "Fred" is saying. She's not the least bit afraid of "Fred" though, so one of these days, since she keeps talking to him, he'll probably answer clearly enough and loudly enough for her to hear what he's actually saying.

Better at her place than mine

Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032

Good

Nite

LOL, nice!