Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions
PM if youve had this happen... It has happened to me twice! - Printable Version

+- Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions (http://www.talkparanormal.com)
+-- Forum: Ghosts Spirits And Hauntings (http://www.talkparanormal.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Ghosts - Stories, Experiences and Discussions (http://www.talkparanormal.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: PM if youve had this happen... It has happened to me twice! (/thread-23550.html)

PM if youve had this happen... It has happened to me twice! - ClarkDurham - 06-12-2018

When I was about 15 I had a paranormal experience that scared me so bad, I never doubted spiritual life ever again.

My parents had some work friends over and were playing beer pong in the garage. Luckily for me, those friends had kids! We were screwing around all day, playing outside and running our heads off. At one point later in the night, we decided to go into the basement. Our plan: make a fake ghost video. It was the perfect setup:

It was unfinished at the time, and was also my room! There were stairs from the main floor that lead to a completely open basement. It was big enough for 2 rooms (and a bathroom), but there were no walls because it was unfinished. There was also a sliding backdoor that lead to the backyard. It was creepy with pipes sticking out leading to no where, wooden creaky stairs and floor,a little corner under the stairs, and one light bulb that we planned to make flicker on and off because it conveniently had two light switches.

We were all upstairs planning how we would do our fake ghost video. And as soon as we all stood up to get started, something RAN down the stairs. It was so loud I thought something heavy was thrown down them! We all looked at each other confused. No one was missing from our group, and every one of the parents was still in the garage. At that point I turned my camera on and we decided to go downstairs and check it out.
We slowly opened the door, seeing nothing but a dark stairway. I turned the only light on and made the boys go first. We inched down the stairs, curious but afraid to see what was around the corner. Two boys made it down the stairs and nothing happened, so I turned the corner. Before ANYTHING, I noticed the back door was slid open! WIDE open, and all I could see outside was darkness. I ran to the door and slammed it and locked it. At that point I was afraid of an intruder. I was too scared to search outside, so we looked through the basement. I walked the whole thing, every creepy corner and hiding spot down there, and nothing.

We went back upstairs and told our parents what happened. They looked around the backyard and around the house and after finding nothing, commenced to their beer pong. We calmed down and got to other things. But then... I was watching the video I took while we went downstairs.. I watched the whole thing through and saw nothing. I was about to delete it when one of the boys asked to see it. As he was watching it, he screamed and handed me my phone. The video was paused at the moment I was walking by the Water Heater. At first I didn't see, but then it was clear as day. A little girl, with no face, was sitting in the corner of the water heater in a worn and dirty white night dress, her black messy hair falling in her non-face..
That was the only glimpse I got of her. I handed off my phone to show the others and they said the video wouldn't play and I was messing with them. I took the phone back and it said 'File not found'. The video was no where on my phone. I never told my parents and I moved into my brothers room the very next morning.

A very VERY similar thing happened to me a few years after that, but it was not a ghost and not really scary... that story will be posted later on a different forum, but PM me if it sparks your interest or if anything similar has happened to you!

RE: PM if youve had this happen... It has happened to me twice! - Mika - 06-12-2018

Honestly, at face value, it sounds like a prank.  I mean, you basically describe the ghost from those Ring(u) movies.  The ‘running down the steps’ sounds like ‘something heavy was thrown down’ the steps.  That doesn’t sound like a little girl ghost to me.  And you watch the video, see nothing… hand it to a friend and see a snapshot of the ghost… hand it to another friend and the video is gone?  

Is it possible that one of yr friends threw something down the steps when you weren’t looking?  You made ‘two of the boys’ go first, so one of them could have hidden the object.  One of yr other friends could have snuck around the other way and opened the glass window while you were on yr way down the steps.  And the cell phone thing… I can’t say one way or another if they had time to delete the file, but… a famous movie ghost?

You asked if anyone has had a similar experience.  I have had something similar happen to me with my cell phone.  I’ve had (as yet) unexplained problems with electronics on a number of occasions.  So, I’m not going to rule out the ghost in the video.  But here’s the scenario, as I see it.  Tell me if it makes sense.

Remember, I only know what you have told me.

Someone in yr group decides to make a fake ghost video.  You don’t specify, but I’m assuming it was someone else’s idea.  While yr preparing for this fake video, one (or more) of yr friends stage a ‘real’ ghost as a joke.  
You mention that you ‘made the boys go first,’ which makes me think yr female, and at age 15… or really any age, when you think it about it… it doesn’t seem a stretch to imagine boys trying to scare girls who feel their room is really creepy.

That doesn’t explain the ghost girl you saw on the still of the video.  It could be a ‘power of suggestion’ thing.  Or, maybe… there was a ghost living in yr basement, the ghost of a little girl, who was frightened because of all the activity.  If you ever get bored enough to read my personal stories, you’ll know that I totally believe that was possible.

Also, some people say that, the more you talk or think about ghosts, the more likely you are to experience them.  The same with demons.  I personally have no thoughts on the matter.  But the combination of the unusual and boisterous activity and the focus on the paranormal could have ‘breached the gap’ a bit and made a ‘crossover’ more likely.

You asked if anyone else has had similar experiences.  I actually have had some with my phone and other electronics.  I can share them, if you would like, in another post.  Just ask.  But this is yr thread and I don’t want to make it about me.

I just want to state clearly that I’m not saying that yr wrong.  Just that there are alternate explanations.  And I’m have no opinion on the ghost in the phone.  I didn’t see the video and don’t know enough details about who was holding the phone for how long.  It’s possible. 

I haven’t read yr second post in detail, but I wanted to respond to this one before someone else said all the things I said, but less kindly.  There are always the skeptics who are completely dismissive, once they get an 'explanation' in mind.

8 )

RE: PM if youve had this happen... It has happened to me twice! - ClarkDurham - 06-13-2018

(06-12-2018, 11:48 PM)Mika Wrote: Honestly, at face value, it sounds like a prank.  I mean, you basically describe the ghost from those Ring(u) movies.  The ‘running down the steps’ sounds like ‘something heavy was thrown down’ the steps.  That doesn’t sound like a little girl ghost to me.  And you watch the video, see nothing… hand it to a friend and see a snapshot of the ghost… hand it to another friend and the video is gone?  

Is it possible that one of yr friends threw something down the steps when you weren’t looking?  You made ‘two of the boys’ go first, so one of them could have hidden the object.  One of yr other friends could have snuck around the other way and opened the glass window while you were on yr way down the steps.  And the cell phone thing… I can’t say one way or another if they had time to delete the file, but… a famous movie ghost?

You asked if anyone has had a similar experience.  I have had something similar happen to me with my cell phone.  I’ve had (as yet) unexplained problems with electronics on a number of occasions.  So, I’m not going to rule out the ghost in the video.  But here’s the scenario, as I see it.  Tell me if it makes sense.

Remember, I only know what you have told me.

Someone in yr group decides to make a fake ghost video.  You don’t specify, but I’m assuming it was someone else’s idea.  While yr preparing for this fake video, one (or more) of yr friends stage a ‘real’ ghost as a joke.  
You mention that you ‘made the boys go first,’ which makes me think yr female, and at age 15… or really any age, when you think it about it… it doesn’t seem a stretch to imagine boys trying to scare girls who feel their room is really creepy.

That doesn’t explain the ghost girl you saw on the still of the video.  It could be a ‘power of suggestion’ thing.  Or, maybe… there was a ghost living in yr basement, the ghost of a little girl, who was frightened because of all the activity.  If you ever get bored enough to read my personal stories, you’ll know that I totally believe that was possible.

Also, some people say that, the more you talk or think about ghosts, the more likely you are to experience them.  The same with demons.  I personally have no thoughts on the matter.  But the combination of the unusual and boisterous activity and the focus on the paranormal could have ‘breached the gap’ a bit and made a ‘crossover’ more likely.

You asked if anyone else has had similar experiences.  I actually have had some with my phone and other electronics.  I can share them, if you would like, in another post.  Just ask.  But this is yr thread and I don’t want to make it about me.

I just want to state clearly that I’m not saying that yr wrong.  Just that there are alternate explanations.  And I’m have no opinion on the ghost in the phone.  I didn’t see the video and don’t know enough details about who was holding the phone for how long.  It’s possible. 

I haven’t read yr second post in detail, but I wanted to respond to this one before someone else said all the things I said, but less kindly.  There are always the skeptics who are completely dismissive, once they get an 'explanation' in mind.

8 )

The prank is a definite possibility, especially since we were trying to do a 'prank' of sorts in the first place. I kept alot of things on my stairs and it's possible that something' just fell down them. But as far as being away from them long enough for them to do something just doesn' seem possible. I' talking about a 700-800 sq ft  basement and a 15 y/o me who was basically riding their heels I was so scared. 
As for the video, I don' see how that could'e gotten pulled off as a prank. If it was props to them because I nearly sht myself. I held the phone the whole time, I walked right past that spot by the water heater and there was nothing there. When he handed me my phone it was paused. Frame by frame there was about 3 frames that showed what looked like the girl. I handed it to my friend and watched him hit play mmltiple times. It didn  work but I told him to just go back frame by frame. The screen was almost unresponsive I guess. Like he was hitting the button but nothing was happening. Then I took it again and it was at the beginning on the play screen, but had an error message this time. Now, knowing smartphones better, that message would very possibly show if that friend deleted it before giving it back.
The only thing that trips me up is the girl... I dont know how that could be done. Maybe it was dust in the bright flashlights and a shadow all at once?? I'm not sure. I don' mind the skepticism, at least you were nice haha. I just can' find an explanation for it