Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions
Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - Printable Version

+- Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions (http://www.talkparanormal.com)
+-- Forum: Life And Death (http://www.talkparanormal.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Forum: Reincarnation (http://www.talkparanormal.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation (/thread-23139.html)

Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - jlitt - 12-06-2017

Why do some mediums and psychics believe in reincarnation? Is it because of a teaching by a religion, an assumption, or do some claim the spirit world has revealed it to them? Just curious because I haven't spent much time studying reincarnation.

RE: Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - KaelisRa - 12-06-2017

Some mediums and psychics might, but Buddhists do. Native Americans largely do. Reincarnation has been around much longer than people who claim contact to the spirit realm. It has been linked to consciousness. Monks and sages haven't linked it to anything supernatural, because it has always been described as natural. If anyone believes in reincarnation, my money is on their reasons being the same as the many out there who believe it in their religions.

RE: Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - westonreg - 01-05-2018

Frown
(12-06-2017, 07:39 PM)KaelisRa Wrote: Some mediums and psychics might, but Buddhists do. Native Americans largely do. Reincarnation has been around much longer than people who claim contact to the spirit realm. It has been linked to consciousness. Monks and sages haven't linked it to anything supernatural, because it has always been described as natural. If anyone believes in reincarnation, my money is on their reasons being the same as the many out there who believe it in their religions.

When it comes to immortality, there seems to be three basicĀ  believes. At one extreme you have people like Nietzsche, who says humans are a species of animal and we get one lap of the track and then we are dead, so we should fill every moment with innocent pleasure. Then we have the Christian type belief with an invisible God who gets all the credit for human developments , where you still get one lap of the track but then go to a heaven or hell. The other extreme is the Buddhist belief which does not need a God, and puts human life as a marathon in which we keep doing a lap of the track until we raise our level of enlightenment so that we move to a different body until we no longer need our point of awareness to be reborn with the experiences of cause and effect. W C Fields was said to of been reading a bible on his death bed because he was looking for a loop hole and perhaps the best thing is to edge our bets and fill every moment with innocent pleasure but at the same time do what ever we can to raise our enlightenment, just in case. It all comes down to what we know to be a fact from personal experience and I know from my own experience that there is a thin line between our life when young and our life when old as the future in some way already exists.

RE: Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - CareTaker - 01-05-2018

There is actually evidence in the Bible that the people of the time believed in reincarnation.

Quote:Mark 8:27-33King James Version (KJV)
27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?

28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

29 And he saith unto them.......

When he asked his disciples who they thought he was their first reaction was to say that he was a reincarnation of a someone else...

RE: Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - westonreg - 01-06-2018

Icontexto-emoticons-08-032x032
(01-05-2018, 12:17 PM)CareTaker Wrote: There is actually evidence in the Bible that the people of the time believed in reincarnation.

Quote:Mark 8:27-33King James Version (KJV)
27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?

28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

29 And he saith unto them.......

When he asked his disciples who they thought he was their first reaction was to say that he was a reincarnation of a someone else...

Icontexto-emoticons-08-032x032 Interesting point, but the supernatural Buddhist belief in rebirth and reincarnation was in existence around 500 BC, therefore it was already added into the minds of people when Jesus turned up ,as a Buddhist belief. Even today there are people who believe a little in Christianity while at the same time a little in Buddhism ,therefore I would argue that reincarnation is very much a Buddhist supernatural belief.

RE: Why do some psychics and mediums believe in reincarnation - CareTaker - 01-06-2018

My point was that although Christians today do not believe in reincarnation the idea is mentioned in the Bible. Also, it is mentioned more than just the one time I quoted.

But since you mention it, I would argue that such an idea could be arrived at independently by more than one group of people.