Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions
Oak Island - Printable Version

+- Talk Paranormal | Supernatural Forum and Discussions (http://www.talkparanormal.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics Of Interest (/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Ancient History, Mysteries and Archaeology (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Oak Island (/thread-22254.html)

Pages: 1 2

Oak Island - Janus - 11-16-2016 04:10 PM

The New Series of Oak Island started this evening here in the UK.
Does anyone else here follow the Show?
Personally I love this kind of thing. People following their own dreams, where it is about the journey not the destination.
The Lagina brothers & the others featuring in the show seem like reasonable & likeable people & that makes the show worth watching for me.

RE: Oak Island - Darkforeboding - 11-16-2016 04:43 PM

I thought we had a previous thread on this but a search didn't turn one up. Personally, I think they are literally throwing their money down the well.

RE: Oak Island - Janus - 11-17-2016 05:15 AM

(11-16-2016 04:43 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  Personally, I think they are literally throwing their money down the well.

But they are enjoying what they are doing & most other hobbies are also pointless & a waste of money if looked at from another's point of view.
I have always said that I find it much easier to believe in UFO's than in some UFO believers. And by that I mean those who are absolute believers in things such as UFO's, Ghosts or people like James Randi with his views. They are all counter productive to their own belief system & thats not the Lagina brothers.
As I said above, I find the Oak Island lot likeable & regardless of if the legend is true or not. A treasure hunt is a great story if it involves good people & Oak Island to me does.

RE: Oak Island - Darkforeboding - 11-17-2016 08:37 AM

I suppose you are correct as it probably isn't any worse use of money than race cars or dog shows, or for that matter, political campaigns. The story is intriguing enough that I bought a poster back in the 1980's when I went to Halifax when it was thought to be Captain Kidd's buried treasure. It's gone through several different theories since then. Once you look at the entire story in detail it gets less and less appealing until I now have the feeling this is a last gasp effort to make money by televising the hunt.

RE: Oak Island - ByGoneYrs120 - 02-17-2017 07:55 PM

Oak Island has been out for a while here in the US...almost 3+ years actually. It is a great series but I wish they would some how find the money to go hog wild and drain the swamp, or dig hug shafts down into the ground to find the money pit. Currently they did three, and next week they dig the forth shaft in the season 2hr final.

RE: Oak Island - ShaniFaye - 02-23-2017 10:11 AM

(02-17-2017 07:55 PM)ByGoneYrs120 Wrote:  Oak Island has been out for a while here in the US...almost 3+ years actually. It is a great series but I wish they would some how find the money to go hog wild and drain the swamp, or dig hug shafts down into the ground to find the money pit. Currently they did three, and next week they dig the forth shaft in the season 2hr final.

What did you think of what they brought up out of the 4th shaft?

RE: Oak Island - ByGoneYrs120 - 02-23-2017 12:09 PM

Well I would consider that place a "Money Pit" honestly. It seems to me that they need to hit pay-dirt soon or they will not have a show anymore. I also think that the lack of real success is killing their resolve and what ever way they are getting cash to continue is most likely drying up fast too. If the show returns next season, I would be surprised. I give them all credit for trying so long, but I would not have continued myself on this quest.

RE: Oak Island - ShaniFaye - 02-23-2017 12:20 PM

I think if they would spend more time on actually looking and less time on crackpot theories, they would get done faster. The people that claim to be "researchers" are joke. I'm very interested in finding out what the metal they brought up is. Did you notice in the beginning, when that girl gave them that map that they spent all their time looking into the "hatch"? Me and hubby were always yelling at the tv for them to look for the stupid "valve" that was labeled on there...wouldn't you thing that would have something to do with letting the seawater in? lol

RE: Oak Island - ByGoneYrs120 - 02-23-2017 04:42 PM

I think they should find all the sea shafts where water leaks in and try to block them to stop that!

RE: Oak Island - ByGoneYrs120 - 03-01-2017 10:01 AM

I got to rewatch the two hour finally episode. I have to give them credit, and it is a giant money pit. I have to wonder where they are getting their money backing from, but I hope that they are able to win pay-dirt and make a large find with good payoff.